Estheticians license full or part time

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Hanlon3
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Estheticians license full or part time

Post by Hanlon3 »

Hi, this is a long story and I will try to shorten it up with just telling you the facts.
At 56 I'm starting classes in September to get my estheticians license. I've worked hard and at multiple jobs my whole life, I'd like to work at just 1 job and make enough to support myself. Educating myself is the only way to do this.
I have the choice of going part-time and continue working, getting my Estheticians license in 11 months or going full time getting license in 6 months, at my age I'd like to go full time and devote myself completely to my studies as I really want to do well in my classes.
I still have bills and looked into my options for temp assistance. It took me awhile to call and ask as my pride was getting in my way when I finally did call my local Department of social services. I was told I was not eligible for anything, I was asked why I was thinking of quitting my job.
I explained to go to class full time and be licensed in 6 months and get a better paying job in my field, the answer was no. If I worked 20 hours I'd be eligible for SNAP. I explained that was not an option and it seemed silly to me well not silly but backwards, I've worked all my life, manual labor, I've cleaned toilets to dig ditches and have the callouses to prove it. I'm not looking for a handout.
I did look at your site but did not see anything that could help me. I live in Geneseo New York, Livingston county. I live a very simple life, no vehicle as I walk to work, my Estheticians license classes and home, one of the nice things living in a small town plus a car payment and insurance are not in the budget right now. I just wanted someone to hear my story.
Thank you,
Pamela
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Estheticians license full or part time

Post by Admin »

You sound like you have an interesting background and story to tell. While very, very difficult, you can try to use your Esthetician license and monetize it online. Maybe social media, you tube or some other platform. Give classes, advice, and more. Learn more on Youtube money making opportunities.
Hanlon3 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:19 am Hi, this is a long story and I will try to shorten it up with just telling you the facts.
At 56 I'm starting classes in September to get my estheticians license. I've worked hard and at multiple jobs my whole life, I'd like to work at just 1 job and make enough to support myself. Educating myself is the only way to do this.
Trichet

Re: Estheticians license full or part time

Post by Trichet »

I just found your site and Estheticians. I am a 56 year old woman, I work 3 jobs, I recently applied and was accepted to a local school to obtain my medical Esthetician license, originally I signed up to go part-time and I would have my licensing in 11 months or I could go fulltime and be licensed in 6 months and get into the job field sooner. I've always worked manual labor and I've had a cleaning business for over 20 years.
I thought long and hard about going back to school to learn a trade where I could work one job and make enough money to support myself as I live alone also to be honest I'm getting too old to continue working multiple jobs, so instead of going part-time to school in working to pay my bills I wanted to go fulltime as an Estheticians and devote my time into my studies but I would still need to pay my bills which are not exorbitant by any stretch.
I live a pretty basic life so I called my local department of social services to see if there was any temporary aid I would be eligible for I was told no the social worker that called me back was not very nice and she said there was nothing I was eligible for she asked why I would be quitting my job.
I explained to her I wanted to go to school full-time so I could get a better-paying job her answer was an abrupt no, I've given this a lot of thought and it took me some time to even make that call is I guess my pride was getting in the way,
Thank you
Pamela