Social security is not enough income for us

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Marley
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Social security is not enough income for us

Post by Marley »

Dear Sir or Madame,
We're a married senior couple with social security as an only source of income. Due to an illness I've been unable to find work for over a year to supplement our income. Still working on that. After over a year of diligent research, phone calls and letter writing we have not been able to come up with the help we need. We have a home that the payments are much lower than rent so renting is not an option. We do need, desperately, a new roof and are seeking programs that go much further in reducing the cost and interest for us to be able to afford it.
Before sending us to the obvious sites for more income for people living on social security, which we've been on, see the info below to see our problem. Worked over 53 years but all retirement and saving lost in mid-2000 due to mismanagement of funds by a retirement management company. Our combined income is considered low moderate. Approximately 38,000 grosses.
We do not qualify, so far, for any state or federal assistance in any form including help with weatherization, food, power bill assistance. Nothing. We pay all expenses a normal family has. We do not have any luxuries. No cable, 16 year old car, no vacations, low credit card debt, etc. We have maintained an excellent rating credit score due to paying bills before anything else.
We're trying to find an affordable solution for our home repair as well as income more than just social security. We're hoping you can assist us in finding a program that may not be well known or advertised. Any help would be appreciated. We are located in Bakersfield, CA and are not in a rural area.
engine

Re: Social security is not enough income for us

Post by engine »

Hello, my name is Dominique and I am looking for assistance with a security deposit and first month’s rent. I live on social security, which does not pay as enough so I also need another source of income or easy job. I found this really nice home for me and my friend to move into and we just need a little help with the security deposit. So, we are both single mothers and super excited about this house we found. Her lease is up on the 3rd of February and we are really trying get into a place before the end of the month. Hopefully, you could help us with a job and more income than just social security.
Sent from my iPhone
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Social security is not enough income for us

Post by Admin »

Most seniors and/or elderly (or the disabled) can live just on social security. It was never meant to pay all bills, no matter your age. That being said, there are other resources for the elderly, and find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html