Business debt

Ways to increase your income or make money.
SonyaS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Business debt

Post by SonyaS »

Hello, I am a single American citizen whose business has taken everything I could provide to keep it alive.  Unfortunately, I’m at the point where I accrued a debt where my income couldn’t pay it down.  Instead, I’m sinking with no end in sight and will lose my business.  What are the chances I qualify for assistance?  Something to help me take control again where I’m able to pay it down.  A rough estimate of my debt would be $30,000 including late bills, fees, credit cards, a loan, and rent.
GlennFord

Re: Business debt

Post by GlennFord »

Good afternoon,
My friend and I both are having a hard time paying our bills from our failed business. I had a stroke November 9, 2017 and it has put me in a financial hole and NO ONE can help me, not even DSS or SSI. I have a 7 year old daughter and she doesn’t understand the severity of my stroke. When I had a stroke i lost my business and went into debt. My friend owns her house has 2 kids, lost her job and returned to cosmetology school so she is not officially working. Can someone please get back to me ASAP? For both of us. Thank you! Marissa
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why can't government DSS help you? If you had a stroke and are disabled? Maybe try a grant for your business debts too. We have tips on how to get grants.
GlennFord wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:29 am Good afternoon,
My friend and I both are having a hard time paying our bills from our failed business. I had a stroke November 9, 2017 and it has put me in a financial hole and NO ONE can help me, not even DSS or SSI.
British

Post by British »

Dear Sir or Madam:
I have never before been in this situation, but now Washington Gas is telling me that I owe $83.90 or my business and must pay by May 18, 2024. They had my business on a monthly payment plan for the bills and any debt, but because the DC Department of Energy and Environment made a mistake and gave them a subsidy that I had requested for electricity, they suddenly took from my account $250.00, leaving me with a debt on my business account.
My only income is Social Security Retirement which pays me less than $900 per month. That amount is low because it is garnished for child support that was caused by a shyster lawyer who was told to file for a reduction in child support when I was unemployed in 2003 but did not do so. There is no way to hold him accountable now and I am stuck with the damages.
I receive a rent subsidy from HUD and also have SNAP benefits and Medicaid, but this month it seems that everyone has come to me demanding payment for debts owed on my business and my household bills. I would not turn to you unless I saw no way out of this situation. I am 70 years old and nobody is going to hire me for that reason; employers often demand birth dates or age, even though they aren't allowed to do that by law. I really am desperate. If you know anyone who will help, please let me know. I am a resident of Washington, DC and do not know of any resources here in the city.