Aging out of job market

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Tur
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Aging out of job market

Post by Tur »

My mother has been needing help paying rent for the past 5 years. What are the options that can help her? Se only works a part time job that does not cover rent or utilities. She has been looking for FT employment but cannot find anything because of her age. The family is getting tapped out of money because of this age barrier and lack FT employment. She is on food stamps as well.
Italian

Re: Aging out of job market

Post by Italian »

I am a 56 year old woman in Brevard County who is one month away from having to sell my home or lose it.
Looking for a job daily with no luck thus far due to my old age and the job market.
Seeking help with mortgage payment ($764) so I don't lose my home.
Any help or leads on a job for the Aging would be much appreciated.
ChuckieMac

Post by ChuckieMac »

This request is for a 78 year old woman who lives alone and also aged out of the job market. She lives in my county and I have been providing her with food and water. She has a home but does not currently have electric on in her home. She has no running water either. She does have gas so she has a working stove and heat. Her income is approximately $550 per month and she walks or hitch hikes a ride daily to see her husband 15 miles away in a nursing home. She needs a job near her. She needs to get back into the job market. She has no family. How can I help her to get electric turned on in her home? She cannot afford to pay the bill. What can I do to help her out?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

She walks 15 miles a day? Seriously? If someone takes 15 to 20 minutes to walk a mile, you are implying she walks 4 to 5 hours a day, one way? Sounds off or something wrong there. As far as helping her with employment, there are options here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... abled.html
ChuckieMac wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:08 am she walks or hitch hikes a ride daily to see her husband 15 miles away in a nursing home. She needs a job near her. She needs to get back into the job market. She has no family. How can I help her to get electric turned on in her home? She cannot afford to pay the bill. What can I do to help her out?