No job yet masters degree

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Tysus
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No job yet masters degree

Post by Tysus »

Hello,
I'm 39 and I need help!!! I have graduated college 3 times, I have a master’s degree in organizational management. I cannot find a decent job and I am struggling severely. I do work and I'm not looking for a handout but I need help, I am trying to get my own place but I only make 350 a week working 40 hours a week therefore cannot save for a deposit that's needed to rent a room. A little about my background.......I was with the father of my children for 17 years, he was abusive mentally and physically. I thought I could change him with prayer and help him to be a better person, but when he became physical with our son I knew I wasn't going to stay and asked for a divorce the next day. I have suffered ever since I left and sometimes I think maybe I should have stayed and endured the abuse because life wasn't as horrible as it has been since I left! That was 5 years ago and I still can't seem to get my life together and stable. After I left I obtained a master’s degree, of course now I owe my life in student loans.
I moved to Florida 2 months ago because I thought the job market was so much better here....I was wrong..,.I've been here 2 months now am I'm homeless and slept on the beach on the hard white plastic lawn chairs that a certain motel does not lock up. When I don't sleep on the beach as no job equals no money I stay here and there for reasons I will not mention. I cannot take this anymore, I feel disgusting, and worthless although I have spent my life trying to better it....it seems like things are just getting worse. I don't know where to turn. I have prayed every day for the Lord to guide me in the right direction but to no avail. I'm still homeless. I do have a job but when I don't sleep because I'm afraid of where I am it makes for very long days. This is America, I'm educated with a masters, I should be able to help myself, and it pains me to send this but I need help. I can't afford a place to live, I can't afford food, I'm not looking for a hand-out, I just need help!!!! Can you please tell me what I can do???
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No job yet masters degree

Post by Admin »

Computer coding is always in demand. Maybe take some classes, and leverage that skill into your masters. As so many advanced jobs these days require at very minimum knowledge of coding, and maybe even the ability to code itself. Find details on free comnputer coding from non-profits.
CMartin

Re: No job yet masters degree

Post by CMartin »

Hello, I, my husband and our 8 year old son have been homeless since December. We have been staying here and there, with family and with friends as well as a motel for a couple weeks which took all the funds we had saved up. I have not been able to find a job despite applying at numerous places and job seeking daily and also having a Masters degree.
My husband works for his father's company but his hours vary greatly. He could work as few as 4 hours per week, as many as 40 hours a week or not work at all. His hours depend on customer need, there are no set hours. They install and repair residential and commercial garage doors. We have moved more than 5 times since December, moving from place to place, staying here and there for a few nights up to a month at a time. We are desperately needing help in securing a stable home for our family and I need a stable job for my Masters degree. If anyone can help out direct me to any agencies Or Charities that have resources and funding available and can give immediate assistance I would greatly appreciate it my phone number. I also need a job for my Masters degree.