50% pay cut

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Maxie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

50% pay cut

Post by Maxie »

Hello,
Please find it in your heart to give a hand up to desperate person.
My husband lost his job after 20 years of loyal service due to a corporate downsize. While he did find a new job in his field, it was 40% of what he was making and working 70 hours a week. Even with me going back to work and working 2 jobs, we were still at 50% of his pay. Medical bills piled up and got way behind. Raising 3 active boys kept me at the emergency room and Dr Offices. Our cars are so old they are falling apart causing even more stress. I barely have enough money to put decent food on the table because of the 50% reduction in our income. Our clothes are old and worn out. I am at my wit's end. If we could get a hand up, we would be so grateful. $75,000 will pay past medical bills, a few new clothes and get us decent cars.
Please find it in your heart to help us.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Re: 50% pay cut

Post by Admin »

What was the corporate downsize from? Foreign competition? Tariffs from China or another country? If so, then the Trade Adjustment Act Assistance Program may offer relief. While we doubt you can "immediately" double your income to make up for the 50% cut, you can get information on job training and other long term support to help you get back on track.
Maxie wrote:Hello,
Please find it in your heart to give a hand up to desperate person.
My husband lost his job after 20 years of loyal service due to a corporate downsize.
Bucker

Re: 50% pay cut

Post by Bucker »

I recently lost my job for The County of Santa Cruz in the Pharmacy Department Due to funding The Board of Supervisors closed us down in August of this year. They did transfer me to another department in the County at a 50% pay reduction and also considered a demotion. I've been with the County for 26 plus years... Never though this could happen at 50% pay cut. With the reduction in pay I am having a difficult time stretching my pay check. I've had to change my taxes to get more money per month. I'm looking for short term assistance until I can get back on track to my usual budget.
Thank you for understanding.