Car and work needed

Ways to increase your income or make money.
TracMaz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Car and work needed

Post by TracMaz »

Hi. Where do I begin...well I recently got a new car but then was let go from my job. Now my car got repossessed and for me to get it back will cost me over 3500 dollars and counting! I feel like such a failure to my kids, my family, especially myself. I've hit rock bottom and every day that goes by gets even worst. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel hopeless. But I want to change all of that and how I feel. It's been 2 months with no job and want to get back ASAP! Please tell me what I should do. In 3 days I lose my car if I don't have the money. I don't know what to do.
Erin Batch
anti spam: Blue

Re: Car and work needed

Post by Erin Batch »

Hi, I have narcolepsy and am receiving disability and living in New Haven county Connecticut.  I need a car and job for someone with my condition. I actually applied to my church with denied me because I hadn't been to church.  I explained I want to but I don't really drive because of my condition.  I am married and my husband is looking for work and has been offered a job, but because of what they do it is likely to be another 2-3 months before his 1st check. 
My money is only covering rent and electric.  I received an oil grant for heat and hot water and I have well water.  My son is 10 and my daughter is 20 but can't afford to get her license.  We can't afford food, gas, car insurance or our car payments.  My car is broken down so I placed the insurance on hold however I have a $300+ insurance bill to pay before the reduction next month.
My husband and I only owe about $2-3000 on each of our cars before they're paid off completely and we are now on the verge of having them repossessed as i can't and need a job.  We visit our local food pantry weekly but they're funding has been reduced so no household items like toilet paper or paper towels and no toiletries like tooth paste or deodorant or shampoo/soap.  I shop at Dollar Tree whenever I can.  If we lose our cars he can't work (we live in a farming community) so no busses. 
He's been Ubering but it's barely paying for the gas. I left a message for my local Center on aging because they also work with the disabled but they have not returned my call!  We will lose everything before he can even start his new job.  Please help with a car and a job for me.  1 last thing; I had been referred to place after place with no help and a lot of places say they help with New Haven county buy they really don't...you need to live in New Haven itself!!!
Penny Bruno
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you live in NYC, do you really need a car? As $1500 is a lot to get it back. But also try the NYC job training programs and resources. They are available across the city. Find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
TracMaz wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:37 pm Hi. Where do I begin...well I recently got a new car but then was let go from my job. Now my car got repossessed and for me to get it back will cost me over 3500 dollars and counting! I feel like such a failure to my kids, my family, especially myself. I've hit rock bottom and every day that goes by gets even worst. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel hopeless. But I want to change all of that and how I feel. It's been 2 months with no job and want to get back ASAP! Please tell me what I should do. In 3 days I lose my car if I don't have the money. I don't know what to do.
Cream

Post by Cream »

Dear Madam/Sir,
My name is Max. I have just received my paper (work permit and SSN) just before and during Corona virus.
I live in Houston and need a car and work.
I do not have car at all and I am really in need a car to help me.
I thought to message you to see how it is possible with me.
Thank you in advance!.
I am waiting your kind reply.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The community action agency in Houston and Harris County is wide ranging in what they offer. They can help you find a job and transportation to it too.
Find details here on Houston Texas community action.
But of course any car program is rare - more likely there is other transportation resources for you.
Cream wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:15 pm Dear Madam/Sir,
My name is Max. I have just received my paper (work permit and SSN) just before and during Corona virus.
I live in Houston and need a car and work.
I do not have car at all and I am really in need a car to help me.
I thought to message you to see how it is possible with me.
Thank you in advance!.
I am waiting your kind reply.