Jobs for people over 50

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Tommy Boy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Jobs for people over 50

Post by Tommy Boy »

Can you please tell me of any help available to help us pay our bills? My husband was laid off after working for the same company for 29 years. We thought we could survive until he found another job but it has now been 6 months going on 7 and he has not been able to find a job.
We apply every day for 3-4 jobs and it is hard at age 50 competing with college grads. Can you please send me any information of what is available in Texas? We do not want to lose our home we have worked so hard to get.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Jobs for people over 50

Post by Admin »

The SCSEP program may be able to help your husband get a new or better job. Yes, competing against those with latest skills can be challenging (at least employers say that), but there are resources offered by the Senior Community Service Employment Program which may assist him.
Tommy Boy wrote:Can you please tell me of any help available to help us pay our bills? My husband was laid off after working for the same company for 29 years. We thought we could survive until he found another job but it has now been 6 months going on 7 and he has not been able to find a job.
We apply every day for 3-4 jobs and it is hard at age 50 competing with college grads. Can you please send me any information of what is available in Texas? We do not want to lose our home we have worked so hard to get.