Workforce1 discriminates and is a scam

Ways to increase your income or make money.
T. Radwansaka
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Workforce1 discriminates and is a scam

Post by T. Radwansaka »

Dear Administrator:
Before I start in...There is no longer a Workforce 1 One Stop in New York City. Please update your site to reflect this.
I live in New York City and have a complaint involving Workforce 1 (I've nicknamed it Worthless 1). In my personal experience, they have done absolutely nothing to find me work or train me in any way. This sentiment seems to be popular among many other job seekers who felt this horrible mess of a program would give them a second chance in the job market.
I have been out of work for many years, and I believed all the hype I've read on sites like yours and other government resource sites that state Workforce1 agencies are the panacea for the displaced unemployed to better themselves with training programs, career guidance and other assistance programs to reenter the market. This statement cannot be farther from the truth. As well, it has a bad reputation with other job programs I've dealt with that have attempted to assist me in my search. Let me expand on this further:
All the jobs they offer are minimum wage - retail sales, fast food, security guards and home health aides. I can count on one hand how many administrative jobs they've offered, rendering my extensive office experience moot. Plus, there is NO JOB PLACEMENT!
There is zero job guidance. Once my initial five minute intake interview with a job "adviser" was complete, it was made clear I was not to bother them again, and when I did dare ask for another sit down, I was looked upon with suspicion and asked "Why would you want to do that?"
I was seen by another "adviser" in another Workforce location in the city. This was for a retail position. The adviser told me he'd email me a link to a major retailer in the city via Workforce1, so I could apply online. No link. No call back about my inquiry regarding said missing link.
I experienced what one would politely call, "reverse discrimination." It exists, but since it's a taboo subject, it remains addressed.
Bottom line: Workforce1 is a major rip off of government funding and should be completely overhauled. They are severely limited in scope and opportunities. If landing that minimum wage job you always wanted is your goal, then this place may, or may not help you. Well-meaning sites like yours should be alerted to this and new and better resources added for people like me who can actually benefit from career search/placement programs.
Thank you for your time in reviewing my compliant.
Pharoh

Re: Workforce1 discriminates and is a scam

Post by Pharoh »

We urgently need help with car gas for me to go to job interviews so I can get back in workforce because I'm laid off and also for transportation to medical appointments over next 2 weeks. Do the job centers or WorkForce One locations offer gas vouchers too? I get unemployment but not enough to cover basic expenses like phone, and electric which we are getting behind on since my unemployment compensation in far less then what I made working. We live in Berks County, Shillington.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I lost my job 2 months ago and I'm pregnant with 3 others children. I have not been able to get another job or get unemployment, even from the local Workforce center as they say I have 3 kids. I have had many job interview and none have turn into employment, I believe it’s due to having a baby in a few month and needing time off. I live in Linton ND. I'm 2 months behind in all my bills about $2500. And about to have all my utilities shut off and possible lose my home. I have no idea where to turn to get a little help, including some form of job or income. I have never been in a situation like this and it’s been very hard on all of us. Please send me any info that may help me get back on my feet.
Bamafan

Post by Bamafan »

To Whom It May Concern,
I received an email from the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce. They are currently reviewing my request for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance but they seem to be a scam and discriminating. The process is taking a very, very long time and I need some help paying for my daughter's daycare.
I have attached the monthly invoice from the school since September 2023 as well as a copy of my driver's license. Would it be possible to obtain assistance from Workforce1 in paying this recurring bill or is it just a scam?
Thank you very much in advance. I am available to you should you need further information.