Employers say we are overqualified

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Starwood
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Employers say we are overqualified

Post by Starwood »

My husband does work but he does not make that much per hour. He has been looking for more work but is considered "over qualified". My health is not good and we are struggling to pay rent and some monthly bills. We need help! Please send me any information you have of places that might be able to help us through this storm. Thank you.
Arturo

Re: Employers say we are overqualified

Post by Arturo »

What I am really in need of is employment. I want to work. Not working and providing for my family is making me crazy! But at this point in time I've exhausted all my savings and extra assets in order to pay bills. All the companies I approach say I am "overqualified", whatever that means. I'm in fear of not making it this month because I still haven't found a job. I put in at least 10 applications a day and still nothing.
This month I'm in dire need of rent and utility assistance. If anybody can help please respond. Thank you for your time. I live in Winter Haven, FL 33880.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is always a challenge when an employers say you are overqualified. they often fear if they give you a job you will "bolt" as soon as a better offer comes up. It is common. Maybe talk to a counselor from a employment office in Florida, as they can help you navigate that path, respond to questions, etc.
Arturo wrote:What I am really in need of is employment. I live in Winter Haven, FL 33880.
Starbucker123

Post by Starbucker123 »

Hi, I am handicapped. I am 73 years young. I live at poverty level. I need help in paying my bills.
I am a very worthwhile individual but all the companies say we are overqualified for a job. I am extremely creative. I owed a business and held a U.S. Patent # and developed my own Embroidery Line and worked with all major sewing machine companies operating within the U.S. I had my own sewing pattern line of women's clothing, children's clothing, home decoration. I spoke at major Sewing Machine Conventions. I taught sewing throughout the United States. I wrote small books that were sold with my Embroidery Line of products. You can google my name and see my accomplishments.
At my age and considering my handicap situation I cannot find a job anywhere as Employers say we are overqualified. I am worthy of helping and earning money to help pay my rent.
I will be married to my husband (73 years young) for 50 years this coming November 16, 2018. He has a graduate degree (BA) in Business Administration from University of Kansas and ran a full service Real Estate Broker Agency for over 35 years. He did Land Development and took land from scratch to fully improve the land to large condominiums as well as home development sites of small subdivisions. He still has his Real Estate Brokers License and has kept it up to date.
He is in desperate need of a job and NO ONE will hire him due to his age and over qualifications. They claim he is OVER QUALIFIED in all jobs he applies for. He has a wealth of information within him. He has a heart pacemaker, but other than that he physically is in good condition.
We are getting further and further in debt. We currently rent a home and have never been late, desperately selling our things to be able to live. We both are U.S. Citizens. We are Christian. We raised 3 sons and they are fully educated with MBA's and had College Scholarships earning their way through College.
I only make through Social Security $500 a month and my husband approx. $1100 a month through Social Security. We have no other income, other than work we try to get.
I know I could help to write articles.
Pleases contact us with more information.