No one is hiring me due to age discrimination

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Medtronoc
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No one is hiring me due to age discrimination

Post by Medtronoc »

I have just turned sixty and have now been out of work for three years. I do not have any medical problems and am in pretty good shape for my age. I also have a pretty significant skill set yet I am still out of work. I think people in my age bracket have really gotten screwed over a financial fiasco that we did not create. I am recently divorced and work part time. I can't pay my rent and my food stamp is less than forty a week. Where is the assistance for people such as myself?

I have worked my * off all my life and now I have nothing while the people on Wall Street who have caused this have made all their money back when they really should be in prison. I am not just venting. I was an accountant for a very large insurance company that was a major player in the market and I was responsible for their investment accounts so I had a unique view of this financial train wreck. Could someone please tell me why people who are in a similar situation as myself are ignored? No one seems to speak out for those of us who are more than qualified to work but suffer from the silent discrimination of age.
Nicole Doshi

Re: No one is hiring me due to age discrimination

Post by Nicole Doshi »

Hello,
I was told that I should email your organization and you could assist me by at least pointing me in the right direction to the people who can help me with my needs of getting a job that does not deal with age discrimination. I'm desperate, my spirit is broken and I feel as though I'm completely in the grips of a never ending anxiety attack. I just beg a few minutes of your time, and ask that you read about my situation, and offer any advice or direction you can. My humility and gratitude know no bounds.
My name is Stephanie and I'm 7 months pregnant with a rainbow baby, (meaning I've had previous issues with conception and miscarriages.) Baby and I are both healthy, and things are going well. I couldn't be happier.
Unfortunately, he was a very shocking surprise and my husband and I are not prepared in the slightest. We're living in his parents shop, in a space converted into an "office", a run down office as the age discriminationand pregnancy are hard on us. There is mold and the ceiling is caved in in the corner. There is no temperature regulation, nor windows for air. The only running water is a hose behind the shop, no sink/shower/toilet. There's a broken down "port-a-potty" we have access to. We're allowed in his parents house once a week to shower. We have nowhere else to go. We have nothing ready, nothing for baby. I have a total of 4 outfits for him, and a sample pack of 2 diapers. Due to being "high risk" (even though I'm doing well) because of previous miscarriage issues, I can't work, and I was advised I'll likely deliver early/pre-term. My husband was searching for a job before I got pregnant, and then Covid-19 struck, and he's continuing to search and put in applications, but obviously many places aren't hiring or are shut down, and he hasn't received a single reply to to the discrimination from the hiring companies. We're struggling. We get food stamps, and I just was approved for WIC. Food isn't usually an issue. But we need help in several issues;
Housing assistance: because I can't raise a child in the "office" we're in now for all the reasons listed above, especially actively growing mold), Clothes and blankets
Diapers/wipes/rash cream
Baby furniture: crib, pack and play, bassinet, swing, car seat, stroller, baby carrier or wrap, etc
Personal hygiene for baby: bathing supplies; body wash, lotion, bottles, a thermometer, baby nail clippers, etc.
Basically we need help getting the basics established to raise this little man. I know we'll be great parents, and we'll find our way out of this hole with perseverance. We just need help for now.
I'm located in Salem, Oregon. Marion county.
Any assistance is so very appreciated. Feel free to share my information with anyone you feel could assist me.
Thank you so much for your time.
I don't get internet access often, but I will keep an eye out more frequently, if I'm able, for your reply. Also, if you choose to contact me by phone, please know that we live in the country with awful cell signal, so we may not get your call. But please leave a voicemail as those are checked frequently. Honestly, texting my husband's cell is the fastest and easiest way to reach me. But whatever form of contact is easiest for you, we'll figure it out. :)
Again, thanks so much for reading all this. Have a wonderful day!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No one is hiring me due to age discrimination

Post by Admin »

If that is age discrimination occurring, or you have evidence, then try an elder law attorney. As there are free services out there that you can try to deal with an employer who is doing that. Look here for details on elder law lawyers for seniors.