Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Helen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Post by Helen »

I'm a single mother of two children, I graduated high school in New Mexico and I'm having a very hard time finding a job! I'm homeless with my two children and I found an apartment but can't afford it. I only get $600.00 a month for cash assistance and the rent is $625.00 a month! I'm desperate and don't know what to do! Please help me.
Marimer

Re: Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Post by Marimer »

Hello good day, I am really looking for a job. I tried searching but did not get results because I have no social insurance. My husband, my son and I arrived a year ago in New Mexico. Right now we are already behind, and it is complicated as rent, unpaid bills and medicine are hurting us. I have thyroid issue, and I would like help with work from home. So I read maybe the babysitter situation is the one that suits me. I do not speak English too good, but I have a lot of willingness to learn, take courses or training necessary.
coffeemate

Re: Homeless and jobless in New Mexico

Post by coffeemate »

Hello,
I have a situation that would like someone to take a look at, if possible. A little over a year ago at the end of April 2018, the company I was working for closed its doors and I am now jobless. In Albuquerque, NM I applied for unemployment insurance and initially was granted benefits. However, shortly thereafter, I received a notice telling me that after review I did not qualify. I received several letters, had conversations with the unemployment office and a phone hearing with an administrative judge. Nothing helped. I was told that I would have to get a lawyer if I wanted to pursue further action. I cannot easily afford one as I have no income from being jobless. I kept a file of all my dealings with the New Mexico DOWS. Would it be possible for someone in your office to review my situation and advice me on what further steps I may be taking to obtain at least some unemployment benefits.