Unemployed as being a caregiver

Ways to increase your income or make money.
D Sullivan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unemployed as being a caregiver

Post by D Sullivan »

I would like information on assistance paying bills while unemployed while I caring for my elderly parent. Due to lack of fund my internet service is about to be suspended on 3/06/14 . I need the internet service to keep my phone and networking open to look for employment. I am also need funding to help pay auto insurance to get to interviews.
Desperately seeking help.
sasolis

Re: Unemployed as being a caregiver

Post by sasolis »

Call your local Family Services office and see if they can direct you where you need to, there is a "caregiver" stipend for those taking care of family, especially elderly. It isn't much but may help some. Call 211 for more resources. There are no places that pay cable, phone or insurance that I am aware of. Good luck .
Candiotti

Post by Candiotti »

I was my mom’s caregiver, she passed away in November 2014, and she was 80 years old when passing. My daughter & granddaughter lived here as well. My daughter moved out last month and didn't tell me, she moved out without paying any of the bills. Therefore my utilities were shut off and I am now unemployed, and looking for a care giving job. So if all possible can you help me with getting my utilities back on? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try an Agency on Aging center for caregiving jobs. That may be the best place to start. More information by state is here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
These centers work with senior citizens and the disabled. They offer benefits, respite and caregiving opportunities, and more. Ask them for referrals on next steps.
Candiotti wrote: I am now unemployed, and looking for a care giving job. Thank you.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I care for my disabled brother as I did for my mom before she passed a few months ago. We miss her terribly, but also her help with the bills. If I could just get our RENT caught up, we make enough to JUST pay all the bills BUT my land Lord, just gave me until THANKSGIVING to pay or he will start eviction paperwork.
I just need one time help to catch up. I don't want us to split up, and I want to continue to be a caregiver. Were all we have of family that's left. Thank you for your time.