Work needed in California

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Martin10
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Work needed in California

Post by Martin10 »

Good evening,
I am a single mother in Huntington Beach California with two daughters and two sons. I have been in real estate for 5 years and unfortunately experienced many ups and downs. I recently lost my job and received a notice to pay or quit. I have no family, both my parents have died, and nobody to ask for help. I'm looking for work and going on interviews and certain I can retain employment soon however I’m facing becoming homeless. I don’t know what my options are and I'm scared. I am not receiving unemployment benefits and my income per month consists of 107 pension from my mother who passed last year and 120 in child support. That is it.
I don’t know where to go but any help is greatly appreciated. My kids range in age from 5 to 13 and are good kids getting almost all A's in school and I just want to maintain stability for them. Thank you again for anything that you can do.
Bravado

Re: Work needed in California

Post by Bravado »

Hi,
I went to your site, and to be honest, I did not find it "user friendly."
I clicked on the links and it took me to sites that that we not asking questions that were relevant to my situation. Further, they act like spam sites.
I live in southern California. I came here for a job, and the employer laid me off at midnight and said I had to leave. I found a job within a week, but I need a place and a higher paying job as it was at a much lower income. I am currently homeless, and I have only $5, I don't get paid for two weeks, I have NO FRIEND OR FAMILY that can help me. None. I have no vehicle, only a couple of bags with some cloths and miscellaneous stuff.
I need help. I'm asking for a security deposit and a couple of months for rent to get me on my feet. However, more than anything I need a higher paying job, and the skills to do that. That is it. I will, after I'm settled in, sign up for schooling using the Post 9/11 GI Bill, and remain at my job.
What can be done to help? I did speak to a HUD rep, and she sent me to your site, but the site did not match what she said was there....if that makes sense.
You can reach me at the number below. If I am working, I cannot take your call, but PLEASE leave a message and a number a a time/times I can call back and be able to speak to someone.
Thank you again!
Sincerely,
Perkins

Post by Perkins »

I have an existing bill of $600. I currently live with my mother and 12 other siblings, plus my two children. I am actively looking for permanent employment in Los Angeles, as my seasonal job ended in May. I need to move immediately as this environment I'm in is not conducive to my overall health nor my children. I need help paying this bill so I can move back into my own place. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for the feedback on the site. If you need employment in California, we have dozens of job centers and WIA resources you can try for advice. After all having a decent income is the key to self-sufficiency. The main information on California employment is very detailed. Click here.
Bluecross

Post by Bluecross »

I need assistance paying my rent and bills, and I need a job. I owe February rent of $675 and now going to owe March's rent. I am looking at eviction. I used my last income to pay for water of 90.00, light bill of 187.00 and groceries. Now I have no more. I have been unemployed since June, 2013 and have been living off savings. I have applied for unemployment in California and still fighting a battle with them. I am a single woman who is 35 years-old have applied to over 30 jobs since June, 2013. I live in Imperial Valley which is the highest county in California with unemployment. I am asking for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The community action agencies in California may help you find a job in Imperial Valley. They are involved in self-sufficiency as well as breaking the cycle of poverty. But if you have been jobless for 3 years, it may be hard to get back in the game. You probably need a whole new set of skills. But better to start now than later.
Bluecross wrote: I have applied for unemployment in California and still fighting a battle with them. I am a single woman who is 35 years-old have applied to over 30 jobs since June, 2013. I live in Imperial Valley which is the highest county in California with unemployment. I am asking for help.
Baughman

Post by Baughman »

Good evening, My name is Christian, and I am a resident of Long Beach, CA. I am 53 years old and I have been unemployed for going on 2 months and I am looking for work. I have been looking for a new job since day 1 of my unemployment and have had no success. My rent and utility and food bills continue to show up in my mail box and I have done everything I can so far these past 2 months that to keep the creditors at Bay, so I can find a new job and pay them. My landlord has done everything she can to postpone notice of late pay rent payments to the building owner, however that particular screen is coming to an end real soon. I am currently 2 months behind with my rent at a rate of 1,250 per month. I am asking Catholic Charities if there are any available solutions to help me not become homeless. I have seen your website and I understand that financial assistance is limited. If there is any way that a representative can email me or call me to explain what (if anything) Catholic Charities can do for helping me find work in California, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Christian