Looking for employment or job in Florida

Ways to increase your income or make money.
tania1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for employment or job in Florida

Post by tania1 »

I am currently looking for employment in Broward County Florida. I lost my job last year and was living on my pension. I was turned down for cash assistance and I need help paying rent for the month of December. I have been to many employment agencies and never heard from them again. I have two small daughters and I am currently going through the process to get child support. My rent is $730 per month. Thanks so much for any help you can give.
Turadom

Re: Looking for employment or job in Florida

Post by Turadom »

I followed a link from the Florida emergency assistance website which
has so far provided inaccurate and unhelpful information. My mother
recently passed away and I was living with her as her caretaker which
was a full time job. Her income was over a thousand dollars a month
and we were getting by. But since she passed the government has
stopped paying her disability benefits and naval spousal retirement
pay and now I am twenty seven with no income and bills coming due so I
could use a source of income and I have yet to find any jobs in my
area due to lack of transportation. I take buses and she used to take
taxis. Do you know of any articles I can write or anything to help me
pay my bills?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are government job training centers in Florida and Broward County. They can also offer information on affordable child care too. Many people are not aware of these centers, but they can be very helpful. There are staff that offer advice, computer training, and more. Dozens of locations are open daily. Read Florida job training programs.
tania1 wrote:I am currently looking for employment in Broward County Florida.
Whiskey

Post by Whiskey »

I need information that I can pass on to my daughter who lives in Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250. She is single, age 52 without any family living in Florida except her son who is 25 and presently incarcerated in prison. She has a felony conviction on her record for “shopping for doctors.” She hasn’t a car or any salable goods except for a new washing machine which I recently purchased for her plus an older stove and refrigerator. She rents an apartment.
What I am asking is where she can go for assistance in training, etc. so that she can become self-supporting. I am afraid she will attempt suicide again as she has already done this past year. She has mental issues but is not under the care of a Psychiatrist. She is taking an anti-depressant. I feel that she needs to be in supervised living where someone else administers her medications to her as she doesn’t remember or chooses to not take some of her medications every day. She needs extensive dental work, new eyeglasses as she lost her last pair. She is trying to get help from free clinics located near where she lives for her medications. I cannot afford to give her any more money myself nor am I able to have her come and live with me as I am supporting myself, two grown children and a husband with minimal financial assistance.
Does Salvation Army have a local branch where my daughter could go for counseling? Thanks so much for any help you may be able to give me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Jacksonville Beach...a great area. I am a huge fan. Luckily the job market is strong there (as really everywhere!). So your daughter should be able to easily find a job. For help in the process, she can call on the NE Florida community action agency.

Whiskey wrote:I need information that I can pass on to my daughter who lives in Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250.
Does Salvation Army have a local branch where my daughter could go for counseling? Thanks so much for any help you may be able to give me.
Pilar

Post by Pilar »

I desperately need help to pay electric bill so we can go home. My husband was laid off. He built the big windmills. His unemployment hasn't gotten worked out and we couldn't pay electric bill. We have 2 small boys and 5 & 7 who are on breathing treatments. We had to come to a motel in Florida. I got a job at McDonald's and he's been looking. We have called 211, Panhandle Community Services, Salvation Army and numerous churches. No one can help. We have never had to ask for help like this. But we can't afford motel anymore due to new job. We started selling what we can out of our house. It's been almost 1 month. We are desperate to get a job and a home. Boys miss their toys and house. Through all this, they are still on the honor roll at school! Please can you help us!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Panhandle Community Action agency should be able to help with employment needs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ces_f.html
Good for you for working. Hopefully they can help find a better job than McDonalds as you get settled in the area and get new skills. But the McDonalds can be a great entry level job, and some locations offer career paths too.
Pilar wrote:I desperately need help to pay electric bill so we can go home. My husband was laid off. He built the big windmills. His unemployment hasn't gotten worked out and we couldn't pay electric bill. We have 2 small boys and 5 & 7 who are on breathing treatments. We had to come to a motel in Florida. I got a job at McDonald's and he's been looking. We have called 211, Panhandle Community Services, Salvation Army and numerous churches. No one can help. We have never had to ask for help like this. But we can't afford motel anymore due to new job. We started selling what we can out of our house. It's been almost 1 month. We are desperate to get a job and a home. Boys miss their toys and house. Through all this, they are still on the honor roll at school! Please can you help us!