Unemployed suddenly and need a job

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Danny D
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unemployed suddenly and need a job

Post by Danny D »

Experiencing a pivotal time recently separated from husband due to domestic disputes, children removed by CPS and drug use 2 1/2 years ago. After repeating a vicious cycle of treatments and shelters I decided one day to do a geographical move with only two bags and a small tent. Complying with CPA and partaking in classes necessary for reunification, would soon fall short of all the rewards recovery offers. My husband completely withdrew himself two months after children were removed and I will be honest I couldn't surrender completely addiction had a strong foothold upon my choices and quality of life. Ultimately I’d take two steps forward and 5 steps back, and then I lost my job. I knew one thing. I wasn't giving up on my children. I've stuck it out, made my geographical change and have been sober since January 2013.

My CPS case has been blessed several times more than I deserve, but knowing what I know now, I realize it's not what I deserved, It is in the best interest of MY children. My husband recently resurfaced and decided to become active in this case with spite, threatening to gain custody and eliminating me completely. I am actively participating in Substance abuse treatment as well as Parenting classes, therapy 2 times per month. Completed Domestic Violence/Anger mgmt twice. I rent a room for 550 per month. TANF pays 298 per month. I usually find myself depending on family for help as I am unemployed. My soul purpose for this request is a stepping stone for a greater purpose. I am actively seeking work, and was taught that part of recovery is stepping out of my comfort areas. Which is asking for help. I look forward to your response with any guidance or additional resource information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Kacky

Re: Unemployed suddenly and need a job

Post by Kacky »

To Whom it May Concern,
I recently lost my job and I am eight months pregnant. I am also a single mom to a two year old little girl named Mary. I am in need of help with out electric bill (we are scheduled for shut off on 3/30) and our rent. I am also hoping to find help for Easter gifts for my children. I would appreciate any help you can offer, including a new job for pregnant women. I have always worked 7 days a week to provide for my family and I have not had to ask for help. I am very worried about my children and I being homeless. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
With Best Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Single and/or pregnant moms can usually get some form of job placement from Goodwill. This is a national charity that coordinates housing, self-sufficiency, employment, and more. It sounds like you are a hard working, just hitting some short term struggles. This may help you in your request for help. So try Goodwill industry job training programs.
Atlanta

Post by Atlanta »

I have 3 children that I cannot afford to buy gifts for as I lost my job. I have one income right now which is my TANF and that is 364 dollars a month. I haven't paid my rent yet and I have been searching and searching call after call just to be turned away. I am literally waiting for a note on my door telling me when me and my kids have to vacate our home. I am hoping we will not be on the streets for Easter and I wish I could get the help needed or a job to keep our home. The last thing I want my kids to worry about is being homeless that is terrifying for me.
My kids are already heartbroken about my unemployment as I told them and I think they are part of reason I lost job and they are aware that they might not have a home or Easter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try a one stop job center for employment services. They generally have case workers on site too, and maybe they can help with your housing needs. Here is info. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... nters.html