Work placement or a job for the disabled

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Gibson1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Work placement or a job for the disabled

Post by Gibson1 »

My husband was medically retired a year ago. We haven’t been able to find work in Georgia. His disability barely covers our living expenses. Due to a recent streak of family death and illnesses, we are now 2 months behind on our rent. Will need 3 come October 25th if we aren’t able to come up with something. Our rent is $900 / month. At times we have had to taken from the rent money to get groceries. And because of his disability money, we don’t qualify for state aid and we can't find a job.
JohnsonC

Re: Work placement or a job for the disabled

Post by JohnsonC »

Hello there,
I’m a single mother of a 18 year old college student. I currently am unemployed due to medical disabilities. I have been fighting to receive disability benefits for almost 4 years now. I have used all my savings maxed out my credit cards and have zero income except $200 in snap benefits, which I’m so grateful for. I also have been blessed with Medicaid that I also had to fight for and
Have been blessed in winning that case. I do not qualify for cash income with public aid. My daughter and I stay with friends but we don't have a stable home. My daughter works part time and full time school. We are desperate for any kind of help. I hate to ask for help but I have run out of options.
Thank you so much and God Bless,
Ernest While

Post by Ernest While »

I have held a job since I was 14. Due to illness and a disability, I have found myself in a bad situation. I was terminated from my job, have been fighting from 7/22/13 until present to get unemployment, which is still an on going battle and am barely making it.
I am currently trying to find employment, as my health issues have been managed and am having difficulties.
I am in need of some temporary help with food, utility bills and any other programs you may offer.
I have tried to make arrangements with the utility company but have not been able to, as they have no programs,
If there is any help you can offer, or even a job, I would so appreciate it.
Michael W

Post by Michael W »

Hi, I recently came across your website and I saw that you had listed a couple of ways to earn money from home. I became unemployed last December because the company that I was working for needed me to relocate and at the time there wasn't anyplace to relocate too, therefore I separated from the company and started drawing unemployment until it ran out last month and afterwards I have been looking for a part-time job, which I haven't had any luck. I would appreciate any information, specifically websites, phone numbers, potential employers, etc. that may help me in my search for employment.

I have even thought about going back to college, but I don’t know if I would be considered for financial aid because I was actually in the nursing program twice and both times I failed by less than a point, but prior to each semester I had to type out an appeal letter to even be considered for financial aid and the reason was because I had to many college hours and had not obtained a degree, but if I complete ONE course, then I would have an associate in Art's and afterwards I could pursue another major. Then I would not have to file a financial appeal letter every time in order to receive financial assistance. If there are any resources available that could help me with obtaining the funds for this one course, then I would appreciate that information as well. Thank you for your time and assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many jobs that the disabled can get....some from home. We have a list of suggestions on the main website. Find jobs tailored for the disabled. It may be by yourself, maybe a case worker is on site with you, or other opportunities too.
Alessia

Post by Alessia »

Hello, I'm getting in touch with in the hopes of finding a little help for Mitchell from a job or work placement service. Mitchell Bush is 55yrs old and lives in Bakersfield California. Mitchell is mentally and physically handicapped do from being hit by a pickup truck on 11/05/16. It's amazing that he is even alive and to be walking and talking again is a miracle. Mitchell is like no one you will ever meet he is the happiest person who loves to help others and if that means he goes without he will go without. Mitchell is on SSDI and he receives less than half his check to live on. His check is $1268.00 and out of that he gets $689.00 to pay rent and lights, phone. Mitchell cannot find anyone to help him with anything. He pays$550.00 in rent and just received a letter saying the rent is going to $626.00 in January 2021 he's not going to be able to pay that much. There has to be a work placement or job program out there to help him!! He is always put in the corner and forgotten about. If you can maybe point him in the right direction for a job program for the disabled that would be great. I just don't want him living on the streets again like he was at the beginning of the coronavirus.
Mitchell has a hard time talking to people he doesn't know and he doesn't remember almost nothing before he was hit. Mitchell has learned to walk, talk, dress use the restroom and he is still learning to read and write do math on his own for the most part. He can't even get the medical help he needs due to the coronavirus.