Interview said I need more work experience

Ways to increase your income or make money.
BruceKer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Interview said I need more work experience

Post by BruceKer »

I had an interview and almost a job and the same day. The interview said I wasn't the most experienced. I also ended up in the ER with acute gastric problems. My friend has been completely supporting me since then. I've been proactive on getting better, I've been to ten doctors visits, gotten an endoscopy, seen a counselor for health related anxiety that worsens my symptoms and puts me in fight or flight mode which stops digestion. I need 300 for rent to keep staying at my friends house or I don't have anywhere to go. I live in Tennessee. I'm working on getting a job now that I feel better.
Shades

Re: Interview said I need more work experience

Post by Shades »

Good morning,
I was referred to your program from a friend. I have been without an income for about two months and each interview the company says I am not experienced enough. I have deleted all of my savings & now I am facing eviction from my apartment where I live with my 13 year old son. I received a 5 day notice Monday evening as I am two months behind on rent. I accepted a part time waitressing position yesterday & fill out employment paperwork this afternoon. I also plan to accept a full time position later today. Unfortunately the income from these two positions will not come fast enough to pay the 5 day notice Friday. I was raised very proud & that you don't ask for help, but I am despite to save my home for me & my son. I just need some experience for my next interview. I would even be willing to take help that would be as a loan with the money paid back if possible. Any help or suggestions would be welcomed as I am not without options currently. 
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interview said I need more work experience

Post by Admin »

Lack of experience can be a barrier. Some companies and positions are not flexible - others may be. It also depends on the general status of the economy and how strong it is or is not. Either way, we do have a list of interview tips.
Read through them. Maybe they can help you navigate these questions as well as situations.