Job or training services for veteran

Ways to increase your income or make money.
NicoleIa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Job or training services for veteran

Post by NicoleIa »

I have been out the military for about a year now and I was going to school and working on and off jobs. I had a hard time keeping a job due to me going to school. I was doing alright basically living off the GI bill money but now that I have graduated that money will no longer be available. I am now in the process of looking for a job however I have 3 months left of rent to pay and I am concerned that I will be behind on rent and in possible danger of eviction. Or if you know of subsidized training that could work too. I am looking for assistance at least for June to give me time to find employment.
Bella1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Job or training services for veteran

Post by Bella1 »

Hello, I am recently separated from my husband. I have 4 children and we are wanting to move to Houston, TX from Shreveport, Louisiana. I haven't had a job in 5 years, so I need to know what to do next. As in should I look for a job first then a rent home or should I be looking into getting the rent home first and then job. But in this process I know I’m going to need help with deposits for the move and help with rent for a while. Is there any organizations or any type of funding out there for me? Also note I am a veteran. Where can I go to find a job in Texas? Thank you very much for your help and advice.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

A 66 year old friend of mine, who is a veteran (US coast Guard) lost this date his home (floating home) and everything he owned such as clothing etc. The vessel sank in its berth.
He had one year ago a stroke of which he is still recovering. His net income (social security) is only $400.00 but he is able and willing to work part time while he recovers but he needs help in getting a job. Due to his disability he is not able to work full time. Also he is still unable to drive. Friends have attempted to help him as best they could. This loss of today is disastrous for him and it is obvious he will need immediate assistance. Please advise urgently what he should do to get help. Also feel free to contact the undersigned by phone or via email.
Clinicshipper

Post by Clinicshipper »

Veteran James DOB Aug 25, 1954 was receiving rental assistance from the
Community Action Program and now needs job training and services.  He makes three hundred and something (less than $400)
Social Security.  His rent is $600.  He has been hauling loads of junk for about $8 per load and needs a new, better job.
The assistance ended in November.  He was told that Community Action was out of funds and was waiting on another grant.
His rent was due Dec 1st.  I guess he really doesn't have enough to pay on his rent.
I'm afraid he will be getting an eviction notice for failure to pay anything.  
He's really paranoid right now.  He has the City of Ingleside down his throat for him having a yard-full of appliances that he's picked up off of streets and roadways.  He
has a couple of weeks to get the yard cleaned up.  
He needs HELP with job training and housing.  Where should he go?  If he doesn't get help soon, he's going to be
out on the street - another homeless Vet.
Please tell him where to go to get Emergency Rent assistance.