Homeless and need a job

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Stewarz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless and need a job

Post by Stewarz »

I have recently become homeless, my rent was over 3/4 of my disability check. I have had my name in for local housing for over three years with no help in sight. I am sleeping on friends couches, sometimes being sneaked in because it is against their lease to have me there more than 2 nights in a row. I went to school online all last year and completed a Certificate program and local internship to be a Counselor in the substance abuse field. I can't fine a job, it's much harder when you don't even have a home. You would think that there would be some sort of emergency housing for a 55 year old disabled widow. I used to be a homeowner, raised a family, my husband passed away, I lost my home, was renting a room but could no longer afford it. Why is there no help other than housing programs that have well over 3 year waiting lists. If I didn't have adult children who still needed a mother, I would just give up. I've tried so hard to better my situation, I know giving up is not an option, but what options are there? Please help me.
CharlestonS

Re: Homeless and need a job

Post by CharlestonS »

I am writing this to you as i am seeking information on what your program is. I am a single parent of 3 kids who has been out of work for the last 6 months. I have been seeking work but is hard to find in the town in which I live, which is Fergus falls MN. I ended up homeless and staying in a tent at a camp ground and have been seeking help to get out of this situation. We go to friends house to shower or eat. I would like to be able to find job, a place to live, get clothing replaced that is ruined from being at camp ground and pay bills. Or I need job training to be able to get a job.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

To whomever might be willing to offer assistance:
Hello. My name is Jewelz & my family & I am in desperate financial need as we are both homeless and need jobs Currently, our home is comprised of myself, my amazing wife, our 17-year-old son (non-verbal & severely autistic), & our 15- & 12-year-old sons.
My wife was in bad shape & forced into taking a temporary leave from work in early 2020, just as COVID-19 began digging its claws into the world. Amidst all of the chaos that transpired, she was unable to get in to see a doctor for a year & a half. During that time her physical & mental health declined exponentially, and she was unable to go back to work. With no more paid leave, we unfortunately had to cash in her 401k that she had been building for her retirement. We made it last for as long as anyone could have, but it eventually had to run out. At the beginning of this year, we filed for bankruptcy and had worked out an agreement with the loan company so that we'd be able to keep our home. The day after we made our final probationary payment on time as agreed upon, the loan company contacted us and apologized, & informed us that our home would still be going up for auction soon. So, after all we had fought through, the home where we raised our children was no longer ours.
Our home was purchased back in January, & we were basically just waiting for someone to come with an eviction notice. A realtor had contacted us, but before we had a chance to contact her, our phones & wifi were shut off. We were able to get a phone about a month later, but we haven't heard anything from anyone else since.
Basically, we're homeless and it’s just the matter of what day will it be in the near future when we'll be able to claim that status officially. We need a job. Neither of us have any family or friends who could offer any assistance & each passing day is more terrifying than the last. There are no other options except for me to find some way that I can start earning an income, and fast! I have not worked for anyone other than myself in over a decade, & the only noteworthy skill I can claim is that I am extremely passionate about writing. I have no professional experience, but I’m absolutely certain that I can and will go above and beyond to accomplish any sort of writing assignment that is required of me for that job. Aside from the numerous files of poems, stories, and articles that I have written & are saved on our computer, some finished, some incomplete, the only point of reference I could offer would be a very small Portfolio containing a handful of poems I've recently submitted to the website "Fanstory". I joined there a few months ago & have only submitted poems as contest submissions with preset guidelines, so they would honestly give very little insight into my potential or the depth of my capabilities.
I'd be more than willing to do anything I had to in order to prove myself, simply in the hopes of snagging a writing job to get an income so we will no longer be homeless. Being as how it is now up to me and me alone to keep my family off of the streets, I'm ready to wager my life, & I can GUARANTEE to anyone who is in need of any sort of work which would require a writer, that if they would simply offer me the opportunity, no matter how small, I will put everything I have and more into my work so that they would not regret having taken a chance on me, not even for a second. So finally, if I may quote your website, "We're always needing more content; for our blog...". I sincerely beg of you, please, assign me a topic and a deadline & allow me the pleasure of becoming your newest content provider. And if at all possible, PLEASE direct me toward any and all other possible writing opportunities or ANY employment opportunity which I could complete from my home...or at least, remotely... Thank You so much for your time, I hope that you have a wonderful day ahead of you, & I am very much looking forward to hearing from someone as soon as they are able to get back with me. Thanks Again! XD
Southwest

Post by Southwest »

Me and my 2 roommates have had problems finding jobs.
  I just got a job and one of roommates has a job working vat Braums. The other roommate has not found work.  We need help with this month's rent or we will be homeless as we have no job.  We live on Grand AVE in Fort Worth in a small apartment building.  Please help us with our rent.  We need help with utilities and food, too.  Please let me know what we need to do.  Thank you.