Homeless and need a job

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Stewarz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless and need a job

Post by Stewarz » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:54 pm

I have recently become homeless, my rent was over 3/4 of my disability check. I have had my name in for local housing for over three years with no help in sight. I am sleeping on friends couches, sometimes being sneaked in because it is against their lease to have me there more than 2 nights in a row. I went to school online all last year and completed a Certificate program and local internship to be a Counselor in the substance abuse field. I can't fine a job, it's much harder when you don't even have a home. You would think that there would be some sort of emergency housing for a 55 year old disabled widow. I used to be a homeowner, raised a family, my husband passed away, I lost my home, was renting a room but could no longer afford it. Why is there no help other than housing programs that have well over 3 year waiting lists. If I didn't have adult children who still needed a mother, I would just give up. I've tried so hard to better my situation, I know giving up is not an option, but what options are there? Please help me.

CharlestonS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless and need a job

Post by CharlestonS » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 am

I am writing this to you as i am seeking information on what your program is. I am a single parent of 3 kids who has been out of work for the last 6 months. I have been seeking work but is hard to find in the town in which I live, which is Fergus falls MN. I ended up homeless and staying in a tent at a camp ground and have been seeking help to get out of this situation. We go to friends house to shower or eat. I would like to be able to find job, a place to live, get clothing replaced that is ruined from being at camp ground and pay bills. Or I need job training to be able to get a job.