Need transportation in order to get a job

Ways to increase your income or make money.
Armstrong
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need transportation in order to get a job

Post by Armstrong »

I am unemployed. Staffing agency having difficulty placing me because I have no reliable transportation (car), public transportation (Tri-met) is not considered "reliable transportation" anymore. I am looking for 12 hour shifts, rotating shifts, weekend shifts, in newly incorporated work areas on the border lines of the Tri county areas (Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties). It is now very difficult to acquire and keep employment because of this situation. I've lost at least 6 job opportunities just because I couldn't get there, get home, or both by the bus and it’s very frustrating sense I've spent most of my career life using public transportation. When I was able to acquire a car I ended up selling it to pay bills and keep from getting evicted! I need help or I will be homeless for the 1st time in my working life! I'm 45 years old and for the 1st time in my life I fear being homeless!....HELP!!
Anderson

Re: Need transportation in order to get a job

Post by Anderson »

Looking for a grant to help me pay rent for a few months and also a car or transportation. Right now I've had interviews waiting on call backs and calls. I'm in the process of finishing my school program in Miami this January and I'm in need of bus fare to complete the whole 3 months. I also have 4 children. My oldest 2 start next week. I have no idea how I'm going to get them to school. My vehicle was stolen October 16th, 2013. I'm in desperate need of emergency assistance
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Transportation and cars are rare. You can try places like the Salvation Army or a program known as Ways to Work. One will help you buy a car, and the other Salvation Army may have volunteer drivers. But as we noted, this type of resource is very rare and you need to qualify and have a good reason. Get more details on cars and transportation.
FallOut

Post by FallOut »

We need help paying the rent and money for a used car or some form of transportation. I went to school from 2/2012 to 11/2012 for medical assistant. On 3/2016 my unemployment stopped and jobs are still hard to find. I’ve sold my motorcycle and a small camper to help pay the bills but now I have nothing left to sell and still cannot find work. I’m looking for help with some type of other car/motorcycle so I can get a job and then I need money our rent for the next month or two and if possible some help with some medical bills. Thank You.
LauraJane

Post by LauraJane »

I am a first time pregnant mother due September 30th and I am scared to death about having to accept being homeless in a few weeks due to the father of my baby's mother moving away. I am unemployed and struggle to find a job due to not having transportation as well as currently being too far from town to walk in the heat.
I feel so hopeless with not having any help or support system of my own to look to. Please if you can tell me anything that will help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
AsianGirl

Post by AsianGirl »

Asking for information on getting help  with getting a car for job interviews and employment needs. I can't get nothing so would have transportation to and from doctors’ appointments plus a lot of job opportunities have passed by with not having a vehicle and in danger of being homeless  and losing everything. I Applied for SSI due to many medical problems but if I were to keep missing appointments might risk my case plus I need the medical attention. I am only on food stamps and medical with no income. I live in Shamokin PA. Seems like nobody knows how to get help or have the resources to lead me in the right direction. If you could please help and lead me to the best resources around my area in order to get a car for a job, with my situation I would greatly appreciate it. Look at hearing from you.
                           Thank you
                          Janet
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ways to Work can help you pay for transportation or a car that is work related. They offer low cost auto loans and/or give out a new used car. They do operate in PA. Find details on Ways to Work cars for a job.