Second job to help with the rent

Ways to increase your income or make money.
MBest
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Second job to help with the rent

Postby MBest » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 am

I am 20 years old and currently 6 months pregnant. I am going to be a single mother and I work 40+ hours a week. I am in a struggle right now due to hours being cut and trying to find a second job but being pregnant it isn't easy to get hired. I am looking to find help with this coming months rent, I am doing what I can to keep this apartment before my son comes.

Shakespear

Re: Second job to help with the rent

Postby Shakespear » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:50 am

Dear Sir or Madam:
I am disabled, but I am still able to write to some extent. I have published material. I wrote entertainment reviews for the Austin Chronicle, The Dallas Met, X-Pose Magazine, and the University of Texas newspaper to name a few. I graduated with honors from Texas University in 1995 with a double major in English and History. I wrote reviews for music of all genres: dance, art, fine art, theater and was a part of discovering new talent, an A&R representative per se. I interviewed well known musical groups such as Pearl Jam and others as they toured Texas. I briefly worked as an intern at Texas Monthly.
I was also a litigation paralegal for over 20 years, and perfection was required in writing legal documents.
I desperately need to supplement my monthly income for bills and rent and want to use my talent in writing to do so as another job. Even a few hundred dollars per month would greatly help. I look forward to speaking with you about possible employment. Thank you for taking your time to peruse this request.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Second job to help with the rent

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 am

With those skills, you may be a good fit for a side gig job. There are writing positions, freelance jobs, etc. in which you can take advantage of the experience you have with writing/published material. That may be a good second job for you.

Shakespear wrote:Dear Sir or Madam:
I am disabled, but I am still able to write to some extent. I have published material. I wrote entertainment reviews for the Austin Chronicle, The Dallas Met, X-Pose Magazine, and the University of Texas newspaper to name a few. I graduated with honors from Texas University in 1995 with a double major in English and History. I wrote reviews for music of all genres: dance, art, fine art, theater and was a part of discovering new talent, an A&R representative per se. I interviewed well known musical groups such as Pearl Jam and others as they toured Texas. I briefly worked as an intern at Texas Monthly.

Return to “Extra Income”