Rent and Utilities Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
GSCI2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent and Utilities Assistance

Post by GSCI2 »

My partner and I live on DHS. I am on SSDI, $1800/month. I presently pay $700/month + utilities.
We MUST to move to a location in Palm Springs where the rent may be lower/same but utilities included.
We are looking for a 1 bedroom.
Looking for 9/1/15. But our problem is we are so far behind on our rent/utilities, now we have no money to move
and we want to pay the back rent of $2200 plus security deposits. I am disabled with leukemia
and my life partner can't work until change of status is processed, in 4 months.
My landlord told me if I miss the rent for August, "We are OUT"!
So we are out, because, we are so far behind on everything, we have no money for rent.
My partner's mother had breast cancer and we were sending $$ for her treatments.
She passed away.
We need help, Please help.
We need to move.
Patrick Norwood

Post by Patrick Norwood »

Hello my name is Patrick Norwood. I live in Ferguson. MO. I'm about to be married in July 25. I have ten kids and one of them stay with me and the others I see them on the weekend.
My family is life. I do anything for them. I just lost my job. But I have one start in July of thing go right for me. I don't like to ask for help cause I do things for myself but since I have a wedding to pay for and I'm behind on my rent and my electric is off now.
I need help try to get my electric back on and help with my rent. I go to church with my family. I pray that God will help us. So if anyone can help out are even no where I can get help my family and I will appreciate your time and effort. So may God bless you and I as we go forward with our daily lives.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Not sure if this is a serious request or not, but try this for many resources in Missouri. Also, there is absolutely no way you should be paying for a wedding until you resolve that long list of financial issues you have.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Margielee

Post by Margielee »

I was homeless just a few days ago. A good friend decided to let me live under her roof. It was a blessing that came right in time with winter here and all. With this blessing also came sadness when I found out she was a 2 months behind in rent and her water is about to get cut off.
She has an 8 year old son and is currently disabled so she can't work. I am currently unemployed myself. I seen this web site while I was online job searching.
Being so close to the holidays I figured to swallow my pride and reach out to anyone who can assist us. She is good people and I’m know if the shoes were on the other feet she would do the same. If there is anything that can be done I we would much appreciate it. Thank you and god bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can try the community action agency in Central Illinois. By now living with your friend, can't you combine resources/income to cover that rent or utility bills? Also try to apply for LIHEAP in Illinois. Those are just a couple ideas. But also try other referrals to rent programs from the Mid-Central community action agency.
Cameroon

Post by Cameroon »

Hello.
My fiancée, Bradly and I are new to Monroe and we need both rent and utility assistance. We moved here in April from Covington, La. He had been working for Dupree’s Power Washing Company up until a little more than three weeks ago. He had an accident which resulted in him totaling his company vehicle and as a result, losing his job.
He just got a job back with Premier Products but won't start until later this week.
OUR WATER WILL BE SHUT OFF ON WEDNESDAY 1/23 AND OUR POWER WILL BE SHUT OFF ON FRIDAY 1/25. And rent will be due again by the 5th of November.
Please provide me with some resources that may be able to help with rent and utilities until he has some money coming in.
Jenessa JJ

Post by Jenessa JJ »

To whom it may concern,
My name is Heather and I need rent and utilities assistance. I have been teaching out to any program I can find in order to secure help. I am having  no luck anywhere.
I have just secured a job after 2 years of being unemployable due to health issues. Now that I had finally gotten the okay from my doctors to work again, my current income is not enough to help get me back in my feet.
I live with my boyfriend, and between us we have 6 children, who do not live with us full time. He had just been laid off of his job at the beginning of the summer.
He had been covering our rent and utilities until recently. I had a couple of odd jobs that helped me to make payments towards our utility bills, but it wasn't enough to keep us from getting shut off once payments had temporarily ceased.
I had gone to LIHEAP several times in the past. But their response was always the same, they can't help unless I can pay half of the past due amount. Unfortunately, that was never possible.
I recently went to the Public Assistance office in my town for help, but they too are saying the same thing as well as it will take up to 30 business days before everything is processed and I could see help.
I am currently 2 months behind on rent, getting close to being shut off for electric, and now a week without gas in our home.
Neither of us has family who are able to assist us with these financial problems at this time. Neither of us are able to secure a loan to help our current situation.
I have received 2 paychecks so far, but all of my income has gone directly toward rent and utilities.
We are in dire need of immediate help. Would you be able to refer me to someone who can help immediately until I can get back on my feet?