Need help with heating oil

State and local government assistance programs.
ladkins
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with heating oil

Post by ladkins »

Im a disabled senior living on a fixed income in haywood county nc. I need help with fuel oil for heat. Ive never had to have help so i dont know where to look for it. I visited thie site and looked under the state of nc.but no haywood county was listed.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help with heating oil

Post by Admin »

A couple options for free heating oil and heating oil help. Try the Citgo oil heat program, which provides limited quantities of free heating oil. I think it is like 100 gallons. Also the local community action agency in HAywood County, Mountain Projects, Inc. (828) 452-1447, which is located in Waynesville, may also offer numerous cold weather utility bill assistance and heating oil programs and resources. Fuel oil is also offered by LIHEAP.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _fuel.html
ladkins wrote:Im a disabled senior living on a fixed income in haywood county nc. I need help with fuel oil for heat. Ive never had to have help so i dont know where to look for it. I visited thie site and looked under the state of nc.but no haywood county was listed.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I am 70 years old and have never asked for help with anything but I now have some heart problems and can't work hardly at all. I'm a nurse. I receive Social security but it's not enough. My main problem is I have a fuel bill for my heat that is over 900 dollars. Do you know any help I could get? I won't qualify for government assistance. Please contact me. Thanks just haven't been able to work with the heart problem.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes we do know of some options for you, as there are many heating assistance programs in Massachusetts, some of which you may qualify for and others not. Since you have heart problems, maybe your energy provider in Massachusetts will give you some form of discounts or other help too.
Shades wrote:I am 70 years old and have never asked for help with anything but I now have some heart problems and can't work hardly at all. I'm a nurse. I receive Social security but it's not enough. My main problem is I have a fuel bill for my heat that is over 900 dollars. Do you know any help I could get? I won't qualify for government assistance. Please contact me. Thanks just haven't been able to work with the heart problem.