Rent assistance, Food stamps.....

State and local government assistance programs.
TLC3
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent assistance, Food stamps.....

Post by TLC3 »

My 19 yr old son just had to drop his his college classes at Oklahoma community college because he hadn't received his tuition assistance. In addition to that, his father and step mother told him that he has to leave their house in one week. He has a full time job and makes $8.00/hour. He needs to find an apartment but does not have the security deposit. Plus, he could use some rental assistance and food stamps so he'll be able to eat.

He hopes to get information about college assistance so next semester he can resume taking his college courses. What assistance is available to him in OK?

Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent assistance, Food stamps.....

Post by Admin »

Here is information on various Oklahoma programs. Some will help with rent, security deposits, and they will provide other aid and assistance to those who need help. Some of the local county agencies should be able to help people find an apartment or other housing, and direct you to food stamp and food voucher programs. $8 an hour is not much to work with....
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
TLC3 wrote:My 19 yr old son just had to drop his his college classes at Oklahoma community college because he hadn't received his tuition assistance. In addition to that, his father and step mother told him that he has to leave their house in one week. He has a full time job and makes $8.00/hour. He needs to find an apartment but does not have the security deposit. Plus, he could use some rental assistance and food stamps so he'll be able to eat.

He hopes to get information about college assistance so next semester he can resume taking his college courses. What assistance is available to him in OK?

Thank you for your help.
EdM

Post by EdM »

i am a mother of two who recently lost my job and am separated from my husband, my grandmother also loves with me and tries to help with what little she gets but it goes towards food and I got behind in my rent in April because my car broke down and i became ill with no insurance. I don't want to became homeless if someone could help me i would appreciate it extremely thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you really need to get your car fixed. Providing you one month rent won't help as you will just fall behind next month again if no car. Look into programs like 1800 charity cars or opportunity cars. While they may help with car repairs, they can provide transportation so you can get back and forth to work. Oftentimes it is a "new" used car, or a low interest (or zero percent) loan so you can buy and/or finance a car for a very low price.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... cars_.html

EdM wrote:i am a mother of two who recently lost my job and am separated from my husband, my grandmother also loves with me and tries to help with what little she gets but it goes towards food and I got behind in my rent in April because my car broke down and i became ill with no insurance. I don't want to became homeless if someone could help me i would appreciate it extremely thank you
Bw19

Post by Bw19 »

i am a single mother of 4. i receive cash n food assistance from welfare but the cash is not enough to pay the rent. i have two children that are in pampers. I dont have a cell phone or cable i get whats important for the family. i dont smoke or drink. my family is christian. I am looking for employment but was unsuccessful. please help us. we need food, help for rent and energy bills, and anything you can spare.Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So your needs are extensive. Try navigating the main page. http://needhelppayingbills.com/index.html You will find where to get food, cash assistance, rent help, and much more extensive assistance as well. Even maybe job counseling.
Bw19 wrote:i am a single mother of 4. i receive cash n food assistance from welfare but the cash is not enough to pay the rent. i have two children that are in pampers. I dont have a cell phone or cable i get whats important for the family. i dont smoke or drink. my family is christian. I am looking for employment but was unsuccessful. please help us. we need food, help for rent and energy bills, and anything you can spare.Thank You.
Greentree

Post by Greentree »

Family of 3. Fiance' just started work with little hours and almost minimum wage. We have a 5 year old daughter who is starting school 10-10-11. I have been diagnosed with a degenerative bone disease which requires surgery on right knee (10-18-11). Immobile and unable to work, we are in dire need of assistance with our rent and utility obligations as we are passed due on both. Any and all help will be appreciated and never forgotten.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, good news is working. Maybe hours can increase over time, or at least he got his foot in the door. Find information on Will County financial assistance programs and options that can help pay those heating bills, and also provide rent help. There are options like the Will County Center for Community Concerns, which can be called at 815.722.0722. They offer funds and grants to pay expenses in an emergency.
Greentree wrote:Family of 3. Fiance' just started work with little hours and almost minimum wage. We have a 5 year old daughter who is starting school 10-10-11. I have been diagnosed with a degenerative bone disease which requires surgery on right knee (10-18-11). Immobile and unable to work, we are in dire need of assistance with our rent and utility obligations as we are passed due on both. Any and all help will be appreciated and never forgotten.
Fjs22

Post by Fjs22 »

hi, I was forced to leave my moms house. i moved in with my girlfriend and her family . her parents dont want us living there anymore, we are both 18 and employed but dont make enough money to pay rent. am i eligible to get help to pay rent?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We would need much more information in order to answer that. What state, county, etc. Income? Or you can go to the main site. Use the link for rental assistance to read about programs and get phone numbers to non-profits and rent assistance programs in your state.
Fjs22 wrote:hi, I was forced to leave my moms house. i moved in with my girlfriend and her family . her parents dont want us living there anymore, we are both 18 and employed but dont make enough money to pay rent. am i eligible to get help to pay rent?
JohnSmith1

Post by JohnSmith1 »

I am looking for organizations in Chesterfield County Virginia. My husband lost his job due to having surgery on his leg and has been unable to find employment..but actively searching. We have 5 people in our household, including 3 kids. I have a sickness too and have missed quite a bit of work and now we are behind in rent. Back to August 2011 and now court papers are being filed. Friends have been helping with food but can help so much. MY biggest problem with getting help is that everyone looks at what I make before anything which puts me over but not what I have worked. I am playing catch up on all bills to keep from going to collections but we are stuck now and not sure where to turn. A few places I found won't help bc I live in SW and not SE. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, usually friends can only do so much, as I am sure their income and resources are limited too. You should be grateful they can help at all, and thankful too. Our listing of Chesterfield assistance programs may be additional options for you. Call not for profits like the Capital Area Partnership Uplifting People (CAPUP) at (804) 788-0050 or the Chesterfield Virginia Salvation Army at (804) 732-8921. Both offer a variety of assistance for rent, food, and even items such as debt counseling (or they can refer you).
JohnSmith1 wrote:I am looking for organizations in Chesterfield County Virginia. My husband lost his job due to having surgery on his leg and has been unable to find employment..but actively searching. We have 5 people in our household, including 3 kids. I have a sickness too and have missed quite a bit of work and now we are behind in rent. Back to August 2011 and now court papers are being filed. Friends have been helping with food but can help so much. MY biggest problem with getting help is that everyone looks at what I make before anything which puts me over but not what I have worked. I am playing catch up on all bills to keep from going to collections but we are stuck now and not sure where to turn. A few places I found won't help bc I live in SW and not SE. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Dirkn

Post by Dirkn »

I need with rent money and utility bills. Would also like to get some food. My husband only worked one week and half this last month and we just don't have enough to get thru. We are family of four and this is the first time I'm looking for help. I'm not sure were to go or who to ask. Please help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, working only one half of a month is not enough to cut it. The first thing you need to do is get food for your family. Luckily we have that covered by info on thousands of food pantries, charities, and distribution centers. Details are all over our primary site. Read more.
Olivia

Post by Olivia »

Unemployed need help with utilities. I work only part time 5 hr. daily m-f live alone in Omaha. I am 51 I need help I have to choose between gas and food and utilities most of my wages pays rent or i will end up in street, help me. I have no children, no illness that i know i have not been to Dr. in over 4 yrs. so i qualify for no help from government i am trying.