Assistance for survival

State and local government assistance programs.
Sunny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance for survival

Post by Sunny »

I am single. I have two children for which I'm not getting child support because I owe
ex husband back support. I am pregnant. I can't get a job other than waitressing. I
have no health insurance and am getting evicted from my apt. and I have nowhere
to go. This is all true. I have turned to everyone I know, but nobody will take us in.
What can I do? I live in Arkansas which a surplus of funds and no assistance programs
other than food stamps. The hud housing project here has about a year or two waiting list.
Swifter1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance for survival

Post by Swifter1 »

I recently delivered my baby boy on November 9th. I will be receiving short term disability through my job, however, I have been off of work since the first of March due to my pregnancy and I have yet to begin receiving benefits and pay for my maternity leave.
I am the only employed person in my household and I need to provide for my boyfriend, my newborn son, and myself. I will not receive benefits until the end of next week and my electric bill and rent are due the first of the month. I am desperate for assistance and I have no where else to turn. I will be grateful for any and all assistance that can be provided. I cannot risk losing my apartment with my new baby. Thank you for your time.
Pharoh

Post by Pharoh »

I am a disabled mother with an 15 year old daughter as well as a son, 22 in college. My daughter and I have been through a really hard few years and had no choice but stay with my sister and her husband with my daddy who is a disabled Vietnam vet. I was supposed to be saving money to get back on my feet as my disability income is less than $775.00 a month before Medicare premium which takes my check to $660.00.
Right after I moved in mid-March, having no choice but leave a toxic situation, I realized the situation was such that I was quickly expected to be the cook, maid, I became responsible for daddy's room cleaning, laundry, his meals. Among other chores, all while my sister treats me as if I'm a burden while she does nothing but make vicious comments. Accuse me of ridiculous things. I've taken more than I'm normally capable as I can't afford deposits for utilities and rent. Also I have bills for utilities from my former place because I received nothing from the man I left for months and since moving here my daughter shares a room with me which is fine until a few weeks after moving in.
Then my sister moved in after a bad breakup to save money. Now I'm sleeping on a recliner. My little girl and I were stuck camping in the living room. There are also issues my sister has that are directly responsible for her paranoia, constant dozing, falling down or stumbling. And she has always been a bully. Even to the point of blatant cruelty while she's convinced she was my protector and her hateful actions, 2nd only to her choice of words are "just jokes" and SHE "takes care of me" only with 5 adults in I pay a $350 to pay for cable bill allowed to be months passed due.
I can't pay all I'm required to pay of my own as I'm told I'm to pay it then usually another 40 to 50 for misc. Daddy pays over $1000 for his part of a home that cost $950.00 rent and he bails them out monthly for one thing or another. My snap benefits are used for what she decides and daddy buys if not the other half month of groceries...my sister may occasionally buy a few days of meals but "her food" (things she eats but isn't to be shared) is bought regardless of who pays. Forgive me I have a point.
I’ve tried countless times to get assistance due to my low income and prices of living. Always turned down and even told I make too much. As a result of life with my sisters treatment and drain of my small resources my health specifically anxiety, seizures, trouble sleeping, constant worry and then my children both separately expressed their concerns begging me to stand up for myself. Which I did. And she said I had to get out.
Thank God for my aunt who has loaned me some money to move this week. My problem is I'm moving in already behind on everything and still owe her. I'm working now part time with hopes my health will continue to cooperate and I can work more. I also qualify for social services to be covering my premium for Medicare giving me extra funds monthly. I also qualified or Medicaid saving more monthly in Dr visit, copays, and my prescriptions. So if I can get assistance getting caught up and replacing lost items that I had to leave so quickly and most things were broken and stolen or damaged and not salvageable.
I will have no problem being self-sufficient again and my mom is 2 doors away from the new place so I'm happy for that. She is amazing but can't afford to help as much as it will be to get back on my feet. I only need around $1500.00 total to cover deposits rent and get necessities which will find gladly at a thrift store.
Please...she has done so much and I'm able to cover myself the cost monthly but I can't say how long the deposits and back utilities, groceries until SNAP is filled on the 9th. I've been turned away and spoken down to, judged and told "not their problem".
I did not ask nor contribute to becoming disabled by a rare disease that I was told would prevent me from seeing my 50th birthday. I'm blessed to be 51 years old and just need a hand to be back on track. My baby girl and son deserve to see their mother be as determined and independent, happy as physically possible. Not be faced with losing my girl and ending up homeless. This situation is truly what "assistance" is for. I'm disabled but I'm still fighting and working. Being a great mom. Beginning to feel real hope for the first time in so long. My faith is strong. Healthy as possible. Determined for sure. I'm praying for your assistance ASAP so I can move and be settled and be able to let go of worry and just keep up and not fall behind again. Please hear me and know how humiliating it is to have to beg for assistance like this. Thank you for your consideration. Respectfully.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Pharoh wrote:So if I can get assistance getting caught up and replacing lost items that I had to leave so quickly and most things were broken and stolen or damaged and not salvageable. I will have no problem being self-sufficient again and my mom is 2 doors away from the new place so I'm happy for that.
That is quite a bit of needs. If you have been turned down from one state program, try another. There are various places (whether charities or public resources) to try for assistance. They can direct you to homeless prevent services or medical care and more. But you do need to become self-sufficient, as it sounds like you are going through a tough time and the government can only do so much. They are not obligated to help by any means, and the job market is very strong. So you need that job. Read more financial help from the government.
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

My family is facing eviction as of August 1st and our electric is disconnected currently. My husband and I usually both work but due to weather and our major lumber company no longer hiring sub-contractors to do their installs, my husband has been unable to find work. He has always been the main and majority source of income. We have had to turn to assistance for survival because I can no longer let my 10 year old go without electric hot water and heat because of our pride. Thank you for your time.