Looking for help for someone else

State and local government assistance programs.
Bre12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Looking for help for someone else

Post by Bre12 »

I am not looking for this help for myself, I work for an animal control agency and ran into a family that is in great need of some assistance. I am trying to help them with their dogs one of which has puppies right now with things such as food, flea treatments etc.......their electric has been shut off and they will not have money for quite sometime they were saying november.....?. They do have slight mental handicapps from what i could tell, so I am not sure if that will help them recieve any extra help or not. I have only meet these people 1 time so I do not have their entire story but I really would like to find them some help. i wanted to get more info on how i can help or an agency that can help them before I offered to take them somewhere and try to get them help.

They live in columbus ohio on the south east side of town.

please let me know where i can find them help asap. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for help for someone else

Post by Admin »

That is great of you to look out for someone else. Columbus Ohio and Franklin County do have programs and charities. Probably the number one place to call is the local community action agency, which is Impact Community Action. The number is 614.252.2799. They may be able to help the family apply for financial help, refer them to other agencies, and more. They provide mortgage and debt help, utility bills, etc. More info on their services and other options in Columbus are here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Soledad

Post by Soledad »

Hello,
I am trying to assist someone in Mecklenburg County NC. She has no job, no health coverage and no transportation. She has really bad teeth and I am not sure if they are abscessing or what, but she has been told her teeth are poisoning her bloodstream! I have been using your site, but there does not seem to be ANYTHING in her area. Is there any additional information you can provide? I imagine she can hitchhike or get a ride some place but the closest places I can find are in Cashiers, Hendersonville, and Asheville. Thank you for any help you can provide. She has many needs but Dental is the most urgent at this time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So is it just dental care you need in North Carolina? No other medical services? If so we have information on free dental care, clinics, and programs, and they would also cover patients in Mecklenburg County and Charlotte. There are definitely places in your area. Or if they don't offer exactly what you need, ask them for a referral too. Find dental clinics in North Carolina.
Canes

Post by Canes »

Hi,
I am a PVT 2 in the army national guard. Me and my wife have been smacked down for the past few months financially and we could use a little help. We are not asking for much we just need that little leg back up. If possible could somebody please contact me about financial assistance, and possibly about having a car donated. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure about a car being donated, there are ways to get financial help in Seminole County. There are resources for veterans and national guard too. Really anyone that serves our country. So call around to the agencies we have listed.
Canes wrote:Hi,
I am a PVT 2 in the army national guard. Me and my wife have been smacked down for the past few months financially and we could use a little help. We are not asking for much we just need that little leg back up. If possible could somebody please contact me about financial assistance, and possibly about having a car donated. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Minaj

Post by Minaj »

I have a two year old son. My fiancé cant work right now because he had shoulder surgery. I am severely disabled. I have filed for SSD but have to wait. I used everything that I could borrow but now I need the help, I made excellent money and had a nice house. My brother passed away while I was pregnant and it sent me to a downward spiral. Any help from someone in the community is appreciated.