NY SINGLE MOM NEED TEMP ASSISTANCE HELP

State and local government assistance programs.
meand3
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

NY SINGLE MOM NEED TEMP ASSISTANCE HELP

Post by meand3 »

Im a single mom of 3 living on Long Island in NY Cant find any info on where I can go to find out about temp assistance with rent or food, just so I can get back on my feet. Social Service declined me because of my child Support Amount I get, which isnt enough. I am a full time student and in desperate need of info of whats available to me, there has to be something? Someone please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: NY SINGLE MOM NEED TEMP ASSISTANCE HELP

Post by Admin »

HEre is a resource for New York assistance programs. There are even places to turn to on Long Island and your county. On the main site of needhelppayingbills you will also find how to get help with student loan payments and how to receive other forms of financial aid.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Catholic Charities, the Salvation Army, and your community action agency on Long Island are always good places to turn to for advice and aid.

meand3 wrote:Im a single mom of 3 living on Long Island in NY Cant find any info on where I can go to find out about temp assistance with rent or food, just so I can get back on my feet. Social Service declined me because of my child Support Amount I get, which isnt enough. I am a full time student and in desperate need of info of whats available to me, there has to be something? Someone please help.
PaulRyan1

Post by PaulRyan1 »

I am a single mom and I live in San Diego, CA. Zip Code 92107 to be exact. In August of 2012, I experienced a loss in my immediate family and I subsequently went through an extremely rough 19 months. I lost my job, was unable to pay rent and got evicted, became homeless and struggled with severe depression. I managed somehow to "pull myself up by my bootstraps" and finally secured employment on 12/01/2012. I got an apartment for my daughter and me in a perfect location for her to continue with his high school education and be the third generation to graduate from this high school. Unable to rent from a typical property management company due to the eviction. I finally found a private party who said he'd take a chance with me and rent to me. I have been in this apartment for five months (April 2013 will be my sixth month) and I find myself out of work again. I can't pay my rent, I have shut off notices on my electric bill, (the electric bill is already in a payment agreement) and the tags on my car are so very expired that I risk having it towed if I'm pulled over. My landlord has told me in no uncertain terms that he will serve a three-day-pay-or-quit the moment I'm late on rent. I need help, please!!!! My only income right now is $516 per month in welfare cash aide and $360 per month in food stamps. What I'd like to have helped with is: * Finding a job or help opening my dream business. I have the business plan all written and am ready to seek investors, but my credit is so horribly bad that I'm scared to try. * Rent!! Even $300 towards my rent would save me. * Electric bill... its $143 * Tags for my car $211 I'm out of ideas and have no one to help me. I can send you my resume, the business plan, whatever you need. Just please, please, please help me. Thank you so much.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Hello,
I am a single mom of two teenagers who live at home. I am currently unemployed as of April 7, 2014 and I am 43 years old. I have applied for food stamps which I am receiving. I am told that there is no unemployment money for me. I am the head of my house hold and the sole provider.
My 15 year old daughter was involved in an auto accident where she was rear ended, pushed into a ditch and ran head on into a tree. My 19 year old son has chronic fatigue and therefore must be home schooled.
I am behind on my utility bills and have no means to pay my rent. Please let me know if there is assistance out there for my family. I would not want my minor son to be placed in foster care if we are evicted and my daughter is on crutches.
I send out hundreds of resumes a month and look for work wherever I go. I just need some help for a couple of months until I can secure an income again.
Thank you.
Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Congratulations on sending out hundreds of resumes per month. That is bold and inspiring. Something will change and a position will free up. Until then, there are many agencies that focus on helping single mothers. But your 19 year old so does need to work, as should your daughter. Being fatigued is an excuse for that. Until then, find financial help for single mothers and a long list of resources for them.
Sutherland

Post by Sutherland »

I'm a single mom struggling with my rent. My rent has been so high because of my late charges by the time I know it I'm paying over 1,000. I live practically in the ghetto apartment and that's how much I pay.
I have 3 grandkids in the home, and I need temporary help. I'm also raising because there mother is in jail and going to state jail for a whole year. I also have a disability son who has a syndrome called Dandy Walker.
I do have a job going already 18 years now but now working only 3 days because my mom can't handle to watch my grandkids. It hasn't been too easy for me so that's why I need help paying my rent this month. I'm trying to go to other places to get this temporary help. My landlord text me the other day telling me if I don't pay the rest he will have to turn off my electricity and water.
Juddah1

Post by Juddah1 »

I'm a single struggling mom in New york of two beautiful girls and I don't have much but I'm trying to let ends meet with what I get for food stamps and cash assistance from the government every month but that’s not working out that well because I can't buy nothing for myself. I can't pay most of my bills, and somewhat can't do nothing at all because I have no one I thought I have family but I guess I didn't even people that I thought was my friends I don't even have at all.
I don't normally ask for help from people because I was mostly the one always giving a helping hand but now that I need it I have no one to help me. So I'm here reaching out to whoever can and it willing to help me get back on my feet so that I can take better care of my kids... THANKS. Can you please help me out please.
Adamslaw

Post by Adamslaw »

Hello, I am hoping you can help me with answering a few questions regarding my situations. I have been a single mother in New York City for a month who has an emergency situation and I'm in desperate need of financial assistance with my mortgage, bills, and food. If you could guide me in the study You could please help me with information on any programs you offer for my needs. My husband has left my daughter and I and with this situation I became liable for every financial situation and have no income to support these expenses I am disabled however I need help with disability paperwork as my doctor has had a stroke and is unable to help me complete the documentation process for disability benefits I am available through email only as my cellphone has been set shut off. I need help as soon as possible as the mortgage is past due I am in desperate need of help can you could please email me back as my phone has been shut off as well thank you for your help and rapid response to this email as I am in a very desperate situation. Thank you, Shyla