Help with bills and debts for my family

State and local government assistance programs.
Rachdep1

Help with bills and debts for my family

Post by Rachdep1 »

I'm trying to find some assistance for my disabled grandmother. She has no propane and has not had any for almost a year. i cannot afford to fill it, but i do what i can, when i can. She and her husband receive about $350/mo for disability and were denied foodstamps. I do utilize the local food banks and any extra money i have goes to helping her. All of their disability goes to medications and drs visits. I just dont know what to do any more. Drug addicts and criminals get the necessities that my good honest elderly grandmother is denied, and i cant seem to get any help. i was told of your organization, and that you may be able to direct me to someone/program that may help. We are located in tx!! thank you for your time!!
Bw19
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help with bills and debts for my family

Post by Bw19 »

my, name is darrell i have worked for the past 30 years as a elevator mech. i have been out of work for the last year as well as over 300 members all over i have no income, have credit card debt and working on disability i am so in need for any help my powerbill is401.82 with ala power my phone and tv are togeather at 178.00 my water bill not sure yet.i have just got some food asst that was a blessing.if there is any help at all,i would be so greatfull thinks so much.my email is best way to get me
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Is your energy company in Texas Reliant? If so, Reliant Energy has a utility moratorium on disconnecting electricity and gas service for elderly and/or low-income seniors, critical-care customers and other low to moderate income Reliant Energy residential customers who contact Reliant Energy and agree to a payment plan. Call them at Call 713-207-7777 or 866-222-7100 to learn more.
If addition, there are several other assistance programs that can be used for help with bills in Texas. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html is the place to go. Find info on your county there as well.

Rachdep1 wrote:I'm trying to find some assistance for my disabled grandmother. She has no propane and has not had any for almost a year. i cannot afford to fill it, but i do what i can, when i can. She and her husband receive about $350/mo for disability and were denied foodstamps. I do utilize the local food banks and any extra money i have goes to helping her. All of their disability goes to medications and drs visits. I just dont know what to do any more. Drug addicts and criminals get the necessities that my good honest elderly grandmother is denied, and i cant seem to get any help. i was told of your organization, and that you may be able to direct me to someone/program that may help. We are located in tx!! thank you for your time!!
Mikey1

Post by Mikey1 »

I live in louisburg nc 27549 i recently lost my job due to cut backs and i am now faced with bills i cant pay such as all utilities and rent i am about to be disconnected from progress energy if bill is not paid by the 12th of this month i would like to know if there is any help as i am actively applying for jobs but need urgent help in the mean time. any help or info would be greatly appreciated i have 2 young boys one has asthma and nebulizer
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Progress Energy North Carolina runs the Energy Neighbor Fund which helps with utility bills. Dial 1-800-452-2777. Also, other programs in NC can provide help with rent, food, medications, debts, and other utility disconnection services. Here is more info
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Mikey1 wrote:I live in louisburg nc 27549 i recently lost my job due to cut backs and i am now faced with bills i cant pay such as all utilities and rent i am about to be disconnected from progress energy if bill is not paid by the 12th of this month i would like to know if there is any help as i am actively applying for jobs but need urgent help in the mean time. any help or info would be greatly appreciated i have 2 young boys one has asthma and nebulizer
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

I am writing because we have no heat in our home and no food. I am disabled and was getting food stamps but I was in a car accident to which totaled my car so therefore I can not get into Social Services in order to re-apply and they will not budge in having someone come out to my place. Ran out medical debts too from the accident. I'm not healthy. Anyway we have oil heat and when we moved in to this place this past June we were told that the furnace was in working order. We found out that it was not and the last bit of cash we had went to repairing the furnace and paying other bills to which our landlord insists is our responsibility even though we just moved in about 5 months ago and never used the furnace before. We've been lucky this past week or so because the weather has not been so bad however when it was in the 20-30's a couple of weeks ago it was so cold in that house you could see your breath each time we breathed. Now as I said I am not healthy and if I get sick again i am on my own. I am not allowed to live on my own or be left alone so therefore my brother Mark and I live together. He was working but was laid off and has yet to receive his first unemployment check. When he does get that check it has to go right to both the rent and his car insurance so there will be no money left. We've been basically using what little bit of my SSDI and SSI checks that are left after my portion of rent to feed ourselves however I only get $820 SSDI and $90 for SSI and my portion of our rent is $600 unless Mark puts more of what he was making when he was working towards my share of the rent. Since May when I lost my food stamps I've lost a total of 10 pounds because i've had to go anywhere from 1-3 days a week without eating just to make what we do have stretch. I would love to go to food pantries. We need help so bad it is not funny and I am begging for help to get
emergency oil for the furnace so we can have heat and get some food. We owe money for the rent but not sure how much because Mark tries hard to not let me know because he is scared to get me upset because he thinks I will get sick again. Thank you for listening and for any/all the help you may be able to give me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You mention the lack of food, and that may need to be your main concern at this point. If you can't feed yourself, then nothing else matters. Find the food pantries by state and county. This also lists some national food programs the the Womens Infant Children (WIC) as well as TANF/food stamps. Then you can deal with your other needs.
Marvin wrote:I am writing because we have no heat in our home and no food. I am disabled and was getting food stamps but I was in a car accident to which totaled my car so therefore I can not get into Social Services in order to re-apply and they will not budge in having someone come out to my place. Ran out medical debts too from the accident. I'm not healthy. Anyway we have oil heat and when we moved in to this place this past June we were told that the furnace was in working order. We found out that it was not and the last bit of cash we had went to repairing the furnace and paying other bills to which our landlord insists is our responsibility even though we just moved in about 5 months ago and never used the furnace before. We've been lucky this past week or so because the weather has not been so bad however when it was in the 20-30's a couple of weeks ago it was so cold in that house you could see your breath each time we breathed. Now as I said I am not healthy and if I get sick again i am on my own. I am not allowed to live on my own or be left alone so therefore my brother Mark and I live together. He was working but was laid off and has yet to receive his first unemployment check. When he does get that check it has to go right to both the rent and his car insurance so there will be no money left. We've been basically using what little bit of my SSDI and SSI checks that are left after my portion of rent to feed ourselves however I only get $820 SSDI and $90 for SSI and my portion of our rent is $600 unless Mark puts more of what he was making when he was working towards my share of the rent. Since May when I lost my food stamps I've lost a total of 10 pounds because i've had to go anywhere from 1-3 days a week without eating just to make what we do have stretch. I would love to go to food pantries. We need help so bad it is not funny and I am begging for help to get
emergency oil for the furnace so we can have heat and get some food. We owe money for the rent but not sure how much because Mark tries hard to not let me know because he is scared to get me upset because he thinks I will get sick again. Thank you for listening and for any/all the help you may be able to give me.
Pinetta

Post by Pinetta »

I`m 48 years old with a 20 year old daughter who just had a beautiful daughter who is now 2 1/2 months old.. I just lost my job that I`ve had for a few years, and it was a good job. I am currently hunting for employment. I filed for unemployment but I wasn`t given a phone interview with them until Oct 16th, and I`m hearing that that wheel is very slow when it comes to receiving a check in Maine... I have $700.00 rent due every 2 weeks to my Landlord coming up this Friday October 19th then again on November 2nd. My utilities are overdue and to begin being shut off starting around the 21st... I don`t have the money to get my vehicle registered on the 31st and I can`t pay insurance. Our family is under a tremendous amount of pressure and worry... To be caught up would be a blessing, and would make my job hunting more productive.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can't let the stress take you from the job hunting. That needs to be a priority. However, we are sorry to hear of the job loss. It is never good, and especially when faced with a larger amount of bills from your new daughter. With all of those needs, try the main site for suggestions. We have numerous resources listed for assistance, and use it to find help for paying bills.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

I’m a nurse making 13.5 an hour, and I can't seem to find a place for me and my son to live. I found a two bedroom in the pines areas and the cost was 2200 for a two bedroom. I definitely can not afford that alone, especially with a car payment and other bills. And I don't want to move to a bad neighborhood just to find an affordable place. I want to be able to raise my in a nice neighborhood. I been looking and haven't found anything.
Signsealed

Post by Signsealed »

I need help paying my electric bill because it will get shut off Monday, 10/18, if it's not paid and I'm 3 months behind. I need help with a credit card bill, phone bill, getting food and medication. I'm really struggling. I'm 19 and in college and have recently quit my job. Please I need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is basically everything. If your electricity is going to be shut off Monday, and you owe 3 months, you are way too late in trying to get help. Also, even if a program helped you, you still owe on credit cards, medications, and more, as you said. So use our main site to find programs for paying living expenses, as we have a comprehensive list for all those debts and bills you mention.
Roker

Post by Roker »

I need 771.05 to pay my rent and utilities. I received a three day notice to pay or quit in my receptacle for park thru notices. From February 13 thru January 8 I was out of town helping one of my daughters just before and after she gave birth. My Husband, two other daughters and their children, were at my mobile home.
When I got home the bill for my rent and utilities was there as well as a debt I owe on my credit card. It was 1155.00, the portion of the statement for utilities showed my gas was $249.19 and the water was 194.72. I receive $889.40 in SSA disability. On top of that because I had to leave before I was scheduled to, I had to pay my bus fare to get home. so I took the money I had and made A money order for $640.00 and asked how the utilities had jumped three times their usual amounts.
It was explained that the water was a state fine, but there is no explanation for the gas which is now down to normal levels. I explained that I would do everything I could to catch up the balance, unfortunately I wasn't able to raise any money in February. Then in march several hundred dollars was taken off my debit card without my authorization (I am still trying to get that money reimbursed). So I only had $450.00 and my rent bill including the balance from last month equals 1219.05.
I explained what had happened and that both my daughters are waiting for their income tax returns to pay off the debt when I gave them my money order. I have been attempting to raise the monies needed I have put anything I have of value for sale. But as I don't have a phone, or transportation and my disabilities make walking very far really painful I haven't been able to give them more. I am at my wits end and don't know what to do if I lose my mobile home. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance you could give me. Thank You,