North Augusta, SC

State and local government assistance programs.
Koko
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

North Augusta, SC

Post by Koko »

I live in North Augusta, SC right inside of Edgefield County. I am separated with 2 teenage children and lost my job on July 21. I am needing some direction in where to look online for assistance with my utility bills. I live in a small county, and a drive to the DSS office is gas I cannot afford. I was given emergency Food Stamps and given a number for a program called GLEAMS (?). I have not yet been able to speak with anyone. I am ok for the rest of this month but do not know what will happen if I do not receive unemployment or find employment before September. My children's father knows of my situation but has chosen not to step up and help, nor do I receive child support yet as we have not been to court. Can anyone on this board direct me?
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: North Augusta, SC

Post by Admin »

That is Aiken County SC, right? Here is a link with listing of agencies and places to try. You can ask. They may have funds, they may not. At the least they should be able to provide you with information
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
For example, I think the number one choice you have is the Aiken/Barnwell Community Action Commission, Inc. , and their phone number is 279-5771. They are a local non-profit agency.

Koko wrote:I live in North Augusta, SC right inside of Edgefield County. I am separated with 2 teenage children and lost my job on July 21. I am needing some direction in where to look online for assistance with my utility bills. I live in a small county, and a drive to the DSS office is gas I cannot afford. I was given emergency Food Stamps and given a number for a program called GLEAMS (?). I have not yet been able to speak with anyone. I am ok for the rest of this month but do not know what will happen if I do not receive unemployment or find employment before September. My children's father knows of my situation but has chosen not to step up and help, nor do I receive child support yet as we have not been to court. Can anyone on this board direct me?
Thank you.
Sloan

Post by Sloan »

I need help paying rent and bills in Augusta. I live with my parents, and 10 year old sister. My mom just lost her job and my dad works a minimum wage, part time job at a grocery store in north Augusta and we can't afford to pay bills or rent. I am a 17 year old high school student and am in the college application process and do not want to have to give up my dream of going to college to work, but I might have to.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

North Augusta in SC? Or Georgia? As maybe try the Salvation Army. Good for you in reaching out to try to help your parents and taking on adult responsibilities as a 17 year old. And going to college?
Sloan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:11 am I need help paying rent and bills in Augusta. I live with my parents, and 10 year old sister. My mom just lost her job and my dad works a minimum wage, part time job at a grocery store in north Augusta and we can't afford to pay bills or rent. I am a 17 year old high school student and am in the college application process and do not want to have to give up my dream of going to college to work, but I might have to.