rent and energy bills assistance. Service being shut off

State and local government assistance programs.
tippermac

rent and energy bills assistance. Service being shut off

Post by tippermac »

I was fired after 3 years and now I am faced with bills I can't handle.. I owe 400.00 not counting rent which is 800...I never asked for help before but I have 5 cats I have to care for too and I can't be selfish .They will need too but I have friends who gave me what they could I gathered only 45.00 not even a dent but all they had..I am 54 years old,and partially disabled from car accident in 2002..I barely can climb stairs now let alone wash clothes out in bathtub.. Yes I even do that..The job I had was my last effort in life to finaly have something for myself but now with all of these bills no way ..259.00electric plus 130.00past due,127.00 cable so I can at least use my computer to job search,90 car insurance in which I have no gas anyway.So what am I to do. Mty electric gave me until the 21st of August to get the money and I am unable to do so what can I do..Let me know because I have exhausted my friends so few I have.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: rent and energy bills assistance. Service being shut off

Post by Admin »

People need to post county, state, city as programs vary by area of the country and county. Without knowing that not much I can recommend. I would say go to the main site
http://needhelppayingbills.com as there is a ton of information on government programs, how to get aid, and much more.
tippermac wrote:I was fired after 3 years and now I am faced with bills I can't handle.. I owe 400.00 not counting rent which is 800...I never asked for help before but I have 5 cats I have to care for too and I can't be selfish .They will need too but I have friends who gave me what they could I gathered only 45.00 not even a dent but all they had..I am 54 years old,and partially disabled from car accident in 2002..I barely can climb stairs now let alone wash clothes out in bathtub.. Yes I even do that..The job I had was my last effort in life to finaly have something for myself but now with all of these bills no way ..259.00electric plus 130.00past due,127.00 cable so I can at least use my computer to job search,90 car insurance in which I have no gas anyway.So what am I to do. Mty electric gave me until the 21st of August to get the money and I am unable to do so what can I do..Let me know because I have exhausted my friends so few I have.
Gibson1

Post by Gibson1 »

I am 57 years old. I get 1100.00 a month. In July it will drop to 1000.00 a month. I already know that with my low house payment of 500.00 a month, electric 200.00 a month, water 50.00 a month, gasoline 150.00 a month, and Eye surgery payments 120.00 a month, propane about 40.00 a month...there is no money left for groceries. I know it's & possibility just a matter of time before I lose my home that I have been paying on for over 20 years. Please let me know what services might help me. Sincerely,
RedDog

Post by RedDog »

Hello. In March 2013 my boyfriend lost his job. He was our source of income for our family of 6. For awhile we were OK, he found other work and was able to keep up with bills. Recently things have become to much, he cant seem to find a stable job or no one will hire him. Now its to the point where no bills are being paid, finding it hard to even buy things for our kids. Just this past week our van (only car we have) broke down, they said its a engine rod, we don’t have money to fix it, so we have been walking everywhere. Our monthly bills are about 2,700.00 which my boyfriend has been doing on his own for years now due to my health issues. I take 13 different medications a day and sometimes its hard for me to even walkabout yet I have even been looking for jobs. But since I haven’t worked in a few years, am having no luck finding one. For the past 2 months now my depression has gotten to be bad, the stress of having nothing and the thought of losing our home, has torn my family apart. He wakes up, goes applies for jobs, and then goes to see what side job he can find just so he can bring some money home. By the time he gets home kids in bed, he showers and goes to bed. We have no family time, no alone time. My family has lost all love and happiness and I am scared we are on the edge of breaking apart. All we do is fight now, life has just become to much. This is where I come to you. We live in Solano California and I have called almost every place I could think of for some kind of help and cant find any. Every place says they have no funds. Our rent, PGE energy bill, water, trash, everything is past due and a few thousand dollars we owe. Please if you have a list for me in my area that can help I would be so grateful. My boyfriend has ads up on craigslist and other sites, He is willing to work. We are not just looking for a hand out.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have everything due and owe money on all those bills, then go to our main link/site. We know it can be stressful when struggling and car breaks down and need to walk to work. However there are charities, non-profits, and other people out there that may be able to help you. We also have assistance programs listed for all states, so they will cover your area. Find programs for paying bills.
TheSmiths

Post by TheSmiths »

Help with electric bill (Teco) and possibly rent. My fiancé left me 2 months ago and I am going through back surgeries do to a work related injury. With her loss of income and my given health state I am unable to work due to my restrictions and upcoming back surgery # 7. I am trying to keep my head above water, but our electric will be turned off. With my fiancé leaving me I have to come up with deposits and such to get bills back in my name. I am on a very fixed income and I would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you and God bless.