Scared, don't know where to look..

State and local government assistance programs.
tnh30
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Scared, don't know where to look..

Post by tnh30 »

Hello, I'm a 30 year old single female with no children living in Oscoda county, Michigan. I receive Social Security for my disability which gives me 701.oo dollars a month. Recently, my roomate left and I'm now responsible for all the bills, which my benefits do not cover.

The town I live in is very small, finding another roomate is very difficult, I have no family or friends who can afford to help me / move in with me, and I don't qualify for cash assistance from my FIA in town due to having no kids..

I need to get to doctor appointments, pay for electricity, phone, plus get necessity items for myself every month that I'm now in no financial position to do.. I'm terrified I'm going to end up on the streets because I can't afford anything..

Please, can anyone tell me where a single woman with no children living in Oscoda county, Michigan can go to get some financial assistance aside from the Social Security benefits I already receive? Any kinds of programs, anything - I'll call all of them and pray if someone could point the way. I'm not very good at finding these things on my own, and stumbled on this trying to find out information.

Please, anything would help, I'm just terrified..
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Scared, don't know where to look..

Post by Admin »

Oscoda County Michigan has agencies and charities. I suggest calling the Northeast Michigan Community Service Agency, Inc. They may have programs or be able to provide aid. If they can't, ask them for other services. Community action agencies are there for people who are struggling, need help, and who need advice. Also, additional Michigan programs can be found here. Get the listing of program names and what they do.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
tnh30 wrote:Hello, I'm a 30 year old single female with no children living in Oscoda county, Michigan. I receive Social Security for my disability which gives me 701.oo dollars a month. Recently, my roomate left and I'm now responsible for all the bills, which my benefits do not cover.

The town I live in is very small, finding another roomate is very difficult, I have no family or friends who can afford to help me / move in with me, and I don't qualify for cash assistance from my FIA in town due to having no kids..

I need to get to doctor appointments, pay for electricity, phone, plus get necessity items for myself every month that I'm now in no financial position to do.. I'm terrified I'm going to end up on the streets because I can't afford anything..

Please, can anyone tell me where a single woman with no children living in Oscoda county, Michigan can go to get some financial assistance aside from the Social Security benefits I already receive? Any kinds of programs, anything - I'll call all of them and pray if someone could point the way. I'm not very good at finding these things on my own, and stumbled on this trying to find out information.

Please, anything would help, I'm just terrified..
tnh30

Post by tnh30 »

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help!
Weather Kardishian

Post by Weather Kardishian »

I am 45 years old. I have worked hard almost all my life. I had cut wood to clearing land to even cocktail waitressing. I started having panic attacks in my early 30s. But that didn't stop me. I fell into a bush hog when I was 13 and almost lost a leg with several surgeries and 9 months in hospital. I worked anyway. Until a few years ago my joints and arthritis was affecting my health. I also have an anxiety disorder. I am on SSI now. I came to Kentucky to help with my grandkids and daughter. When she moved out of an abusive relationship. I can't help much money wise but I can help with the kids. But when I moved here to Kentucky they cut my check to a little over $400.They seem to think I live here for free and not pay bills, so I really have to go to the SSI office to straighten this out, I have applied for food stamps and got them last week, thank God. My daughter works 12 hour shifts with shoes that have holes in them, she comes home hurting so bad it makes me cry. She thinks of the kids needs before her own. She still is paying on a loan that her ex put the responsibility on. Her car barely runs anymore, she has to put water and oil in it almost every other day, no heater in the car either. When I came here to stay with her the SSI cut my check to just a little over $400.We has it rough sometimes. In this small 2 bedroom trailer. With 3 kids. There was not much of a Christmas here for them. Such a sad part of the year for us. I have went to a salvation army here for a free box of food. Before I got my food stamps the kids acted like it was Christmas or something. The dad does not help with any monies what so ever. I think she should get child support. If only I could just have enough money to buy her decent pair of shoes to work in It would make my day and hers. If there is anyone out there and read my story please if you can just help with anything. Then we know there are people out there that do care for the poor, hopefully we won't be in this situation for too long. My electric bill is late and water. This is very stressful to me. I am scared and I have never found myself and my family this needy before and we really need some help. Thank you ever so much ...By the way, my grandkids, they need some clothing too.
Alford11

Post by Alford11 »

My husband and I have 5 kids and do receive food stamps and unemployment. We live on the island of Kauai, Hi. The house that we live in just sold and we received our notice that we have to move out by the end of September. We are a very low income family and can not afford a security deposit for a new place. We have no where else to go and will be homeless if we can not find a new house. Is there any source of assistance to help with this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list. If you need food and items such as electric bills, and everything else you have listed, then you really need to use the entire site we have. Think of it as a database in order to get help from various charities or government agencies. There are a ton of resources available on it, so give it a shot. So read more help with bills.
Martina Deb

Post by Martina Deb »

I recently suffered from an infection that caused me to lose my left eye, because of this I have been unable to go back to work. I have 3 small children 8, 6 and 2 years old. My fiancé works but his works slows down drastically in the colder months. I'm trying to get disability but so far nothing has gone through. We are getting further behind on our bills and I feel so helpless and am scared. Any type of help would be appreciated we are truly getting desperate but I know with a little help we will be able to make it through this and get back on our feet.
Decorator

Post by Decorator »

Hi, I'm having problems trying to pay my rent and bills on time. I would like to know if you guys would be able to help me. I'm working a minimum wage job and living on my own and am scared. Now I'm currently sitting in a pile of debt because I can't pay my bills.
If have 7 months left on my apartment lease and I'm trying to make till then end without messing my dad's credit up which is being used on my lease. If you guys could help me in any way possible I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We recommend you seek help. Do not be scared. But if you are living on my own, you need much more than a minimum wage job.
In your case, we recommend a cash grant, as that will not need to be repaid. Maybe your dad can help you with applying for it.
Decorator wrote:I would like to know if you guys would be able to help me. I'm working a minimum wage job and living on my own and am scared.
If have 7 months left on my apartment lease and I'm trying to make till then end without messing my dad's credit up which is being used on my lease. If you guys could help me in any way possible I would greatly appreciate it.