Help with bills and rent in California and need aid

State and local government assistance programs.
MarryM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with bills and rent in California and need aid

Post by MarryM »

Hello my name is Mary my husbnds name is travis. I have 5 children. and i have been looking for work since i came bk from wyoming. and so far i have only gotten a mistry shoping but it dont pay well at all.. my husband is working as a security officer and only gets paid 10.00 an hour. we have all our bills over due and have notices for all of them.. i would like to know if i could get some help with getting a job to help out with bills or for now some kind of help with rent and bills...Please we have no one else to turn to please help us.. please please please.. we realy need some help.. We live in Modesto California
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with bills and rent in California and need aid

Post by Admin »

There are options and programs in Stanislaus as well as Modesto County.
One of the main ones is Central Valley Opportunity Center, which is local community action agency (209) 357-0063.
They should be able to refer you to both rent, foreclosure, and local mortgage programs. Federal government and the state of california have veriod options. Try a modification.
Another number is Stanislaus County Housing Authority 557-2000. they also have rent and housing programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_p.html
MarryM wrote:Hello my name is Mary my husbnds name is travis. I have 5 children. and i have been looking for work since i came bk from wyoming. and so far i have only gotten a mistry shoping but it dont pay well at all.. my husband is working as a security officer and only gets paid 10.00 an hour. we have all our bills over due and have notices for all of them.. i would like to know if i could get some help with getting a job to help out with bills or for now some kind of help with rent and bills...Please we have no one else to turn to please help us.. please please please.. we realy need some help.. We live in Modesto California
Coffeehouse

Post by Coffeehouse »

Hello
I live in riverside calif. I am am single parent have adopted child. She is grand child but had to forgo benis to save her from really bad scene. Child born drug exposed but appears okay does have some small issues but minimal. I used to make six figures in income prior to getting sick. Now we are almost homeless I am very humbled and afraid. My doctors have appealed ssa have attorneys working on the case. I'm in trouble financially. Used the pg&e assistance already this year and there are no more appointments for housing assistance in riverside county California. I called. My landlord wants me to sign a new lease that will increase my rent to 1320 per mo. I pay 1200 now and don't have the 1320 for jan. Everything went down quick. Had a ltd that just stopped payments without warning. Got emergency aid 500 cash won't cover the rent and power plus the meager 113 for car ins. I still need to smog and register my 1999 Toyota. My 08 Honda CRV got repossessed last month. I need help. I also have had 3 cvas so things are really hard for me to process but I get by. Was diagnosed with flu and I just hurt. Now I'm faced with horrific circumstances. Attempted to rent my rooms out but just got ripped off. I have a 4 yr old son and really need help to figure out what to do next. I worked my whole life so I do have some quality brain cells left lol...can someone please tell me if there is a person I can find to just walk me through whatever I need to do to preserve my dignity and keep my beautiful daughter safe? I need help quick. Thank you for at least reading my request for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like your needs are extensive. It may be best to get some case management from your community action agency in Riverside California. Or some other non-profit agencies or charities. find an extensive listing of Riverside assistance programs and organizations to call for help and advice. The main one in your area is probably the Community Action Partnership of Riverside County.
Coffeehouse wrote:Hello
I live in riverside calif. I am am single parent have adopted child. She is grand child but had to forgo benis to save her from really bad scene. Child born drug exposed but appears okay does have some small issues but minimal. I used to make six figures in income prior to getting sick. Now we are almost homeless I am very humbled and afraid. My doctors have appealed ssa have attorneys working on the case. I'm in trouble financially. Used the pg&e assistance already this year and there are no more appointments for housing assistance in riverside county California. I called. My landlord wants me to sign a new lease that will increase my rent to 1320 per mo. I pay 1200 now and don't have the 1320 for jan. Everything went down quick. Had a ltd that just stopped payments without warning. Got emergency aid 500 cash won't cover the rent and power plus the meager 113 for car ins. I still need to smog and register my 1999 Toyota. My 08 Honda CRV got repossessed last month. I need help. I also have had 3 cvas so things are really hard for me to process but I get by. Was diagnosed with flu and I just hurt. Now I'm faced with horrific circumstances. Attempted to rent my rooms out but just got ripped off. I have a 4 yr old son and really need help to figure out what to do next. I worked my whole life so I do have some quality brain cells left lol...can someone please tell me if there is a person I can find to just walk me through whatever I need to do to preserve my dignity and keep my beautiful daughter safe? I need help quick. Thank you for at least reading my request for help.
Selectquote

Post by Selectquote »

I'm a single mom that lives in Bakersfield California 93308. I'm on public assistance. I only make 725 a month and I'm in need of a bigger house. I have my 6 children and grandson living with me. I can't afford anything on my own. Is there anything assistant that can help for rent and my utility bills. Right now I am living in a small 1 room garage that was converted into a small apartment like place. There is 5 of us living in 1 tiny room. We practically sleep on top of each other is too small for my family but I'm on assistance and I can't afford anything on my own. I need help with my rent and my utilities. I have been looking for work to make extra money so I can get a different place but I do not have a high school diploma so places around here in Bakersfield will not hire. All I need is something big enough so we can have our own bed to sleep Inn properly me.
Lorde

Post by Lorde »

I previously lost my job and was forced to move out of my house in San Francisco and into a friends basement whom is nice enough to lease it to me for so much a month. However I do not have the money to cover the rent and if I do get unemployment then I still won't have enough each month to cover all the bills. I need help with items including my medications, the rent, utilities, car payment and insurance, and other bills.. is there anything any program may assist me with?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some charities in San Francisco may be able to help. Maybe with your rent and utilities, but definitely not car costs. But as you know, with the cost of housing there is not much that can be done besides you need to find some form of affordable housing. But here are some resources to try, and find help with bills in San Francisco.
Lance12

Post by Lance12 »

I need help with rent. I rent a one bedroom apartment in Fresno, CA. I pay 670.00 per month. Last month this apartment management company raised the rent an additional $20 per month. I start at 595$ per month. I pay 670$ now. I pay an extra 20$ for bug spray, and my PG and E is 81$.
My truck is in need of front brakes and rooters $419.30. I have very little money for food, medicine, and gas. I do have a job. But it doesn't pay enough to keep my head out of water with the rising costs of living. Can you please help?