Lost job and need help for bills

State and local government assistance programs.
rhondatap

Lost job and need help for bills

Post by rhondatap »

I lost my job and my fiance is on workmans comp. and his checks never arrive ontime. We are behind on our rent over $3,000.00 and were about ready to get evicted. We are also behing on our utilitiy bills. Out Nicor gas is $655.00 and it will be turned off any day. Our electric bill is almost $500.00. I need help really bad until I find a job but with the economy it is really hard. There are not many jobs out there, and bills still need to be paid. I am located in Lake Villa, IL.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lost job and need help for bills

Post by Admin »

Lake Villa and Lake County Illinois have numerous assistance programs and organizations that can provide electric bill help. Much info and contact numbers for assistance are here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gram3.html

Also try the Community Action Partnership of Lake County at (847) 249-4330. They may have grants for paying electric bills, or even recommend LIHEAP.
rhondatap wrote:I lost my job and my fiance is on workmans comp. and his checks never arrive ontime. We are behind on our rent over $3,000.00 and were about ready to get evicted. We are also behing on our utilitiy bills. Out Nicor gas is $655.00 and it will be turned off any day. Our electric bill is almost $500.00. I need help really bad until I find a job but with the economy it is really hard. There are not many jobs out there, and bills still need to be paid. I am located in Lake Villa, IL.
Kenmac

lost job in Florida and need help for bills

Post by Kenmac »

Dear Ms./Sirs,

My research is for a friend in Broward County, Florida which is the county just above Dade County, Florida (which is included in the list). It is so close. What entity or entities in Broward County would provide comparable services and assistance programs as those included in the list of places to turn to for help? Need help for debts, energy bills, and mortgage. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Wayland Moore
Admin
Site Admin

Re: lost job in Florida and need help for bills

Post by Admin »

This resource will direct you to ways to get debt help, counseling for a foreclosure and mortgage, and electric bill programs in Broward County Florida. There are many groups that can help you in your situation.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Kenmac wrote:Dear Ms./Sirs,

My research is for a friend in Broward County, Florida which is the county just above Dade County, Florida (which is included in the list). It is so close. What entity or entities in Broward County would provide comparable services and assistance programs as those included in the list of places to turn to for help? Need help for debts, energy bills, and mortgage. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Wayland Moore
Saban

Post by Saban »

I AM CURRENTLY NEEDING HELP IN ALL ASPECTS OTHER THAN FOOD. I WAS THE ONLY ONE WORKING IN OUR HOUSEHOLD AND NOW MY HOURS HAVE BEEN CUT SO MUCH THAT I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO CATCH UP ON THE BILLS. I HAVE NOT PAID THE RENT, ELECTRICS GONNA GET CUT OFF AND ALSO GOTTA FINISH PAYING WATER. GONNA LET MY PHONE GO I GUESS. BUT REALLY IN NEED FOR MY 4 KIDS TILL I CAN GET BACK ON TRACK. THANK YOU
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need help with all those expenses and bills, then try the main site. This has our most extensive listing of programs, charities, and agencies that can help with those items you mention below, even including food. Find help with water, electric, and other bills. Here is the information. http://needhelppayingbills.com/
Saban wrote:I AM CURRENTLY NEEDING HELP IN ALL ASPECTS OTHER THAN FOOD. I WAS THE ONLY ONE WORKING IN OUR HOUSEHOLD AND NOW MY HOURS HAVE BEEN CUT SO MUCH THAT I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO CATCH UP ON THE BILLS. I HAVE NOT PAID THE RENT, ELECTRICS GONNA GET CUT OFF AND ALSO GOTTA FINISH PAYING WATER. GONNA LET MY PHONE GO I GUESS. BUT REALLY IN NEED FOR MY 4 KIDS TILL I CAN GET BACK ON TRACK. THANK YOU
Thaia

Post by Thaia »

Hello,
Please I am in need of help! I moved here not thinking it would take me this long to find a permit job. I am an license insurance agent looking for work. I did work a temporary position which helped my money last a bit longer but now I am in need, my daughter and her two boy moved back after moving out of state for a few months and I need to have air and water along with electric so please can you help or give me information to who can help me. Thank you god bless
MPerry

Post by MPerry »

I am currently living in Miami Florida. I love where I live and am very very good with my bills and rent. I just lost my job in June but will be starting my new job in 2 weeks. In the mean time I am backed up in my bills and my apartment complex is about to evicted me. First of all thank you for your time and help....but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CALL ME BACK ASAP TODAY. I have no family or really anyone to live with for a month until I get my paycheck back. I am looking forward to speaking with someone. Thanks again and have a great day.
Bobbie13

Post by Bobbie13 »

I am in need of financial help. I am currently behind on all of my bills. I have been on the same job for 30 years and never had to ask for assistance. My husband had four different surgeries in May and we were expecting him to receive short term disability during his time off of work. After his surgery we were informed that his procedures were not covered under his policy, then he was told to stay home from his job. He is not expected to return to work for at least a few more weeks. I have cancelled unneeded services like storage shed, cable TV etc. and tried to sell what I could. I am behind on my rent, the utility company gave me until Friday to pay. We live in Maryland. My car insurance has lapsed and the list goes on and on. We even had to go to a food bank.
scurry

Post by scurry »

Rent and utilities. I lost my job 6 weeks ago. My husband lost his today. I was denied unemployment. We have two children. ages 2 & 13. We have never received assistance nor asked. Severely behind on rent with two promises to pay. one this Friday that we have just enough for on 22nd.. We will owe another 410 for this months rent and on 1st arrangement for power and light was made in amt of $325.

If both are not paid we have no home or electricity. We have no other place to go until my husband or I find another job or he is approved unemployment (which could take 4-6 weeks). We have no further income after this Friday. Friday pays the first half of this months rent that was already promised to our landlord. We just avoided eviction. My kids have no idea we have nothing left.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry for the job loss. The goods news is the economy is much better, and the unemployment rate is lower than it has been in 9 years. So something else will turn up. In the meantime, you can try Gateway in Broward County. They may have information on job programs as well as financial support for you, and find assistance from Gateway in Broward County.
hernandez

Post by hernandez »

Water heater replacement, light bill not in my name and unable to afford changing it. We also need property taxes, pro-bono divorce attorney, a vehicle, general living assistance paid and more in Alvin, TX.
I currently live with my parents and lost my job, my father was the sole provider until he had an affair with my son’s primary nurse, quit his job, cleaned out the bank account leaving only $1000, and abandoned the family. I have two children, a daughter 2 years old and a terminally ill, medically dependent, disabled son, 9 months old, as well as I'm currently pregnant.
My mom didn't have a job because she was helping me with child care for my daughter when needed for doctor appointments. She is also my sons other primary care giver, I also depend on her vehicle, it is my only means of transportation. I also have a brother that lives here who just graduated high school and turned 18, 5 days prior to my dad leaving. I am unable to work because I am the sole caregiver to both my children, even though my son receives SSI it is not nearly enough especially because I am a single income home of $0, and it isn't even the full amount it is half. All of my children have the same father who recently tried to commit suicide with a gunshot to the head, he survived but will never be able to work again. I myself am very limited to the resources available and my ability to work because before I had children I was convicted of drug felonies.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Churches will often help people that lost their job due to no fault of their own. So try a parish in your community. Some of the main locations are as following. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
But that is also some list of needs.If you have those drug felonies, try a social service office for job training programs. Divorces will not be pro-bono, but seek other forms of legal aid. When it comes to the church, they may help your kids and you with some basic needs, such as food, maybe a few dollars for the light bills, etc.
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Looking for any kind of information and help. My husband lost his job early December. I am 8 months pregnant and we have an 11 year old daughter. Times have been extremely challenging and we cannot pay things and it is causing me stress and to be on bed rest. Please any information will help as this is the last option.
Relief13

Post by Relief13 »

Hi,
I am currently going through a crisis right now. I'm lost my job and then my vehicle. It's been hard on me and my family, I been looking for work. Nothing yet. I'm a single parent of two. I'm reaching out praying I can get some help with my utilities, just this one time until I get on my feet.
I AM interested in making money from home as well. Thanks.