Unemployment filing identification issues

State and local government assistance programs.
Tempah
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unemployment filing identification issues

Post by Tempah »

Good Afternoon.
My name is Angela Afuwah
And I have been negatively impacted by COVID-19
At this time I'm currently laid off from work and I have been searching for work for 4 months now. I was previously a state of Georgia employee and I have filed for unemployment. My payments have been on hold and the reason is due to the agency attempting to verify my identity.
I have reached out to the department of labor multiple times through email and by phone I have not received a phone call back. I'm willing to provide any form of identification is needed for them to verify my payments but at this time I've been not successful at this time.
I have a $1300 mortgage monthly and a car note. I'm not able to pay any of these things as I am not receiving any form of employment assistance. I'm currently still looking for a job and at this time I am really worried and scared. I've depleted all of my savings to pay my bills for the past four months without any form of employment. I was happy that I had for months worth of I have reached out to the Department of labor multiple times through email and by phone I have not received a phone call back.
I'm willing to provide any form of identification for unemployment filing is needed for them to verify my payments but at this time I've been on a successful at this time I have a $1300 mortgage monthly and car. I'm not able to pay any of these things as I am not receiving any form of employment assistance I'm currently still looking for a job and at this time I am really worried and scared of depleted all of my savings to pay my bills for the past four months without any form of employment. I was happy that I had four months worth of bill money. I've tried contacting a lot of the phone numbers on the resources provided through 211 a lot of the phone numbers are disconnected or not in service. I've tried everything within my power to try to resolve the situation around the identification for unemployment filing and at this time I'm unable to find any help. If possible can somebody please assist me if I do not want to lose my home. I can be reached or by email thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Prison Daddy

Re: Unemployment filing identification issues

Post by Prison Daddy »

My phone will probably be off tomorrow since I can't pay the bill.
I have not received any response from the unemployment office with the identification issues they have. I have not received any income from them in over seven weeks. I have bills and rent and the holidays are coming. I message them everyday. And I call only to be given an automated message to call back the next business day. Please I am a mom of two young boys. Two months ago unemployment paid me once on the 26th of October but then nothing after. I am struggling to make ends meet. I cannot return to work because schools are closed. I need to know what is going on with this income. My electric bill hasn't been paid. I need oil for my heat. I've applied for assistance and still waiting on a response from welfare. I email unemployment everyday. I have contacted the State Representative and district representative they said it could take weeks to get a response. It's been three months.
Andrew John Bonczek

Re: Unemployment filing identification issues

Post by Andrew John Bonczek »

Hello, my name is Robert and I am a Marine Corps Vet who had my identity stolen so it is delaying my unemployment. I've been unemployed since June and have a car that needs repairs so that I may get to and from a job. I feel I don't have much longer till the car can't go anywhere without repairs. I am married with 3 children and am not doing very well right now mentally and emotionally after having my identification stolen with the unemployment claims. I NEED a vehicle but just can't afford repairs right now. I am not very savvy on the internet so is there any help out there that won't take months to get? I appreciate any information that you can provide.