Felon with Epilepsy

State and local government assistance programs.
Double Chin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Felon with Epilepsy

Post by Double Chin »

Hello,
My name is Sjenna. I am reaching out to you because with my help, my brother, Tori (who has Epilepsy) has exhausted many of the resources that I am aware of and he has not been able to actually have anyone follow through with what he needs help with. I am now reaching out to in hopes that you will be able to shed some light on this very dark situation.
Tori Mackey is a disabled 43 year old man with Epilepsy. His seizures are so severe his body is having a hard time with mobility and his mental health is declining. He has been disabled since he was 16 years old.
Due to this disability he has never been able to hold down a job unless it was a family member employing him. Prior to 2011 our father employed him and helped him with housing, medical, food and transportation. Since our father has passed away in 2010 he has been homeless, jobless, and incarcerated due to the things a homeless person has to do to survive or to maintain the little property they do have. With benign homeless he had no medical and no means of keeping track of an appointment or making it to an appointment.
Since starting work with CSNW the PACT team I have become knowledgeable in resources. So I signed him up with housing and medical. He was awarded a housing voucher but because of his back ground and debt (child support debt $78,000) no property is willing to accept him as a tenant.
He has Epilepsy and is felon but does not have a probation officer to report to so the background they see are crimes from being homeless and jobless, the debt they are seeing is because our father was helping him pay child support and when he passed away the mother put Tori on child support knowing he was homeless and disabled. He didn't know he was put on child support because there was no way to find him and serve him as he did not have an address. The child is 18 years old now and when she turned 18 the state of Washington sent him the documents saying he now owed all this money. The child has the same disability as him and has been receiving SSI payments since she was real little.
Tori is 43, and his disability is out of control to where he is having seizures multiple days out of the week and it's preventing him from being able to just walk around a short distance due to the falls and the damage the falls do to his body.
He has a SSI application in process, I am working on the DSHS ABD grant with him but he is unable to do anything positive or move forward with his life if he does not have a roof over his head.
Without this housing voucher he wouldn't be able to get the costs together to even move into a place if he wanted to. But because all of these places are doing background and credit checks he's being denied and he fears the voucher will expire and he'll be on the streets his whole life till he dies. This situation is really taking away his ability to believe his life is worth anything anymore.
Is there any way you and the resources your organization has, can give this man an opportunity to prove himself worthy and help find a home for him so he can deal with his physical and mental disability in the peace and comfort of his own space/home?
Do you know of anywhere that will rent to a felon and provide a second chance? Do you know of any private landlords that will accept a housing voucher for rent?
I have literally been watching him decline in health and now it's to the point this disability will no longer allow him to function and live like a normal human being. Being homeless he can't even begin to take care of himself when you have to spend all day trying to find a shower, food, shelter and make sure your belongings don't get lost or stolen.
Due to his age and the severity of the Epilepsy seizures, he is experiencing emotional outburst from the electrical charge of the seizure and the side affects of the medication so shelter living is extremely hard to do, especially when other have mental health issues themselves.
Please, as a healthcare employee I know that this situation is not right and as his sister I am personally asking you to please take time out of your day to help a felon with Epilepsy. I know your busy, but please try to help me find him a solution to his housing. Please...
You can reach him at 360.843.6989. I have also attached him to this email if you prefer to respond that way.
Thank you, any and all help is so very much appreciated
Bellini

Re: Felon with Epilepsy

Post by Bellini »

Hi there, I live in SE Milwaukie and am a felon with Epilepsy. I am in need of some assistance, I have severe depression and anxiety, and as a result (possibly combined with covid from my employer) I no longer have a job. I'm currently undergoing medical help, but I am in severe need of help paying my bills as a felon with Epilepsy. I was wondering if you guys had any resources available?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Felon with Epilepsy

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you need homecare since you have Epilepsy. If you can't leave you home, due to depression/anxiety, and need medical help, and are a felon, look into these options. Find details on homecare for the disabled.
Bellini wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:15 am Hi there, I live in SE Milwaukie and am a felon with Epilepsy. I am in need of some assistance, I have severe depression and anxiety, and as a result (possibly combined with covid from my employer) I no longer have a job. I'm currently undergoing medical help, but I am in severe need of help paying my bills as a felon with Epilepsy. I was wondering if you guys had any resources available?