Wife abandoned the kids

State and local government assistance programs.
SARALUVV
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Wife abandoned the kids

Post by SARALUVV »

I need help immediately.
I am 59 years old man with three young children two, three, and a 5 year old that live with me at the Phoenix Apartments in Bladensburg Maryland, and we are facing eviction.
The mother of my children dropped our children off four months ago and never came back. She abandoned me and the kids.
She abandoned the children on me to take care of without any help. She brought them to me with the clothes on their back.
She kept all the benefits for them food stamps, Medicaid, birth certificates, social security cards, and child tax credit money, etc.
I just recently was able to get the food stamps for the three children on November 21st.
I've been struggling to pay the rent, if at all, trying to meet all living demands, eczema medicine for the two girls, food, clothes, diapers, wipes, and endless other needs for a family of four.
I applied for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program and the Department of Energy's anticipating that I would receive assistance by now.
But nothing has happen and I haven't received any assistance or heard from them to stabilize this situation.
I was told by Ms. Oliver a representative with the Department of Energy who confirmed that I have been approved for utilities assistance for the Phoenix Apartments and it should be arriving in the mail soon. But nothing happen.
I spoke with a Ms. Cook at the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (HMCook@co.pg.md.us) and she informed me that she would forward my application for funds and eviction notice to be considered after receiving the letter of intent to file a complaint for summary of Ejectment.
I gave her my emergency rental assistance program information, My ERAP Application number: that I submitted on 7/8/2021
But nothing has happened.
I'm completely overwhelmed with the three children being abandoned on me with nothing, support and assistance and facing eviction.
The property manager here at the Phoenix apartments in tape a letter on my door stating (Pay or Pack) aggressively trying to force me to move without legal process or time for any rental assistance funds to be approved.
I'm afraid that they're going to try to evict me illegally without me being able to legally address the court about eviction before approval of any funds from the assistance programs I applied for.
I'm afraid to leave my apartment with my three children for the fear that they would try to illegally change the locks or the property while I'm gone.
The property manager has been relentless, aggressive and shows no mercy on any tenant that owes rent that's waiting on the emergency rental program for approval.
I don't have any other help, it is me and my three young children and no support.
Again, I just recently received food stamps on the 21st of November, and I make $ 2, 600.00 after taxes and the rent is $1,700 for two bedroom.
I'm scared, my back is up against the wall and I need somebody to help me. I can't end up in the streets with these three young children and no ways to take care of them.
Please help me. I touch the two letters that I received from the Phoenix Apartments.
Denny