I live in low rent apartment but not job

State and local government assistance programs.
GogoJill
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I live in low rent apartment but not job

Post by GogoJill »

Greetings:
      I live in a low rent apartment in KCMO. I have completed over 90 credit-hours of college at UMKC and have Certifications in Computer Tech and Networking (CompTIA A+) but I still have no job. I am now 60 years old and recently was "selected" by Internal Revenue Service for several Clerk positions, but they "screwed up" the paperwork and no job. I am living on "Food Stamps" for years and suffer PTSD symptoms from a 1996 skull fracture, amongst many other "Traumas" of Life. My last full-time job was at Amazon MKC6 Warehouse last August, but two weeks on the job, I went to work and became violently ill. The HR People told me I could not work "on the floor" and to go to the hospital.
As it turned out, I had gotten a rare and deadly bacterial infection at work which was also "highly contagious." which caused me to lose my job. The Kansas University Emergency Room immediately put me in ICU and pumped I.V. Antibiotics for two days and I was released on September 1, 2020, in the evening. On Labor Day, Sept. 4th, I received an E-Mail "Termination Notice" and was referred to a "robotic" online system which stated: "You do not have any accumulated 'time off' and have been absent from work," You're fired.
    This situation has repeated itself throughout the last couple years as I must ride the KC Metro bus to and from work, which constrains job opportunities greatly. Having now been unable to pay rent of $335 a month since September, the "Slumlord" owner says he will file an eviction for my low rent apartment.
I have no family left and cannot just "move" and leave what little I do own, like my computer here and guitar for these "vultures" to steal. I have lived here 7 years and have always managed to "double up" or pay the rent when I am employed, but still live in extreme poverty and "Food Stamps" is all I have now. My question is: "Can someone intervene on My Behalf?" I cannot move, I need to have My long-held address, phone number, access to mail, and everything else to survive and find "next job." Being "Homeless" is no answer and becoming employed is the answer, but I cannot find any job I can get to by KCATA and Amazon job was 3 bus rides each way (2 hours minimum each way) plus working a 10 -hour shift. Eating and sleep is required and age 60 now.
I have not been able to pay phone bill but have a "Lifeline" phone and free WIFI to work with here. All of that will be "gone" if this owner presses legal eviction action. I live alone, and apartment is "not that bad" except poorly located for someone who must walk a mile to nearest bus stop. I attached a picture of "Slumlord" crap going on here, has been that way here for Months/Years and place could never pass a City Code inspection and unfortunately, other people who live here are in same position as me and I don't want to have place shut down, it serves my purpose. I have tried to pick up trash on my own, but picture says it all and has been like this for years now. Thank you for your time in this matter.
Sincerely,
cat1

Re: I live in low rent apartment but not job

Post by cat1 »

Hello,
To whom it may concern I am reaching out because I am in need of help with my payment for my low-rent apartment. I have reached out to several rental assistance services and do to I haven’t received an eviction order I don’t qualify and I also have no job, so not qualifying. I was advised today by my landlord to either leave the apartment within three days or I will be receiving an eviction.
Recently just had a baby girl on 11/23/2022 but my job let me go on 12/06/2022 I recently just received my offer letter for a new job that will start on 07/23/23. I am just waiting on background and I will be taking my drug test tomorrow.
I am just needing help for rent total of $2764.80 including water and late fees. My landlord will not accept partial payment for the low-rent apartment - complete payment only. If there is any program that would please help me. So I am not on the street with my three year old son and seven week old daughter. This is not a scam or me trying to get over at all. In a bad situation need someone to please help me. Please look at the attachments.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I live in low rent apartment but not job

Post by Admin »

For your low rent apartment, are you qualified for emergency section 8 HUD? If so, that can help you. As it is a form of expedited, immediate vouchers for housing. Learn more on emergency section 8 apartments.
cat1 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:49 pm Hello,
To whom it may concern I am reaching out because I am in need of help with my payment for my low-rent apartment. I have reached out to several rental assistance services and do to I haven’t received an eviction order I don’t qualify and I also have no job, so not qualifying. I was advised today by my landlord to either leave the apartment within three days or I will be receiving an eviction.