Am a newly single Mom

State and local government assistance programs.
fivestar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Am a newly single Mom

Post by fivestar »

To whom it may concern, I am a newly single Mom who has 3 children in the home. I work full time and do not receive any assistance such as food stamps or Government support.  I am behind in my bills and I am negative in my account, I have limited food in my home and I am in need of help. I am hoping somebody will be able to help me before I am evicted. If I am able to get help this month I know I will be able to get caught up. As I am no longer in a toxic relationship I have been left to pay rent on my own.
I usually pay half of the rent 1650, plus utilities. This month has been so rough for me as I had to prepare 3 children and my nephew to get ready for school. I have never fallen on such hard times and I am desperate to get assistance this one, so I can get caught up and not be evicted. I will have to come up with the full rent on my own and I will be receiving a 3 day notice, today and if it is not paid - I will be evicted.
If I do not pay with in the 3 days - they will then put me in eviction status and in order for me to stay- I will ALSO have to pay a $500 legal fee and it is hard for a new single mom. I have no idea how I am going to make it through and I am terrified I will not have a place for my kids, as the holidays are approaching. I am asking for any type of help with my rent and possibly a voucher for food for my kids. I work 40 hours a week and I know I will be able to catch back up and support my kids moving forward if I can get some type of help to get me through this month.
I am willing to put my car title up or even a long term loan I can repay - I really need this help and I am hoping somebody- anybody will please have mercy on my family and help me to stay strong and make it through this financial burden. I just need 1 month of help to get caught up and I will be able to move forward being the sole provider for my children. Please help!
lucylew

Re: Am a newly single Mom

Post by lucylew »

Good afternoon,
My name is Christena, I am a new single moms and I have a 6 year old daughter. I am a single mother. Unfortunately we’ve ran into some hard time recently when our landlord rushed to sell our home in an increasingly growing market. We moved pretty suddenly and have been searching for a way to obtain some kind of stability.
I’ve applied for HUD and section 8 as a new single mom when we received the news in July that we had to move. I’ve contacted them and we’ve been placed on a very long waiting list. Is there any direction for a more timely process I can explore? This is my first time since being a mother I’ve had to utilize these resources and I’m not very familiar. I appreciate your time and efforts very much and hope to you are able to shed some light on my situation.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Am a newly single Mom

Post by Admin »

Since you need to move ASAP, and already applied to HUD or a housing authority, look into a no wait list home or apartment. Sometimes a single mom will be able to get priority. And look here for apartments that you can get right now.
lucylew wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:57 pm Good afternoon,
My name is Christena, I am a new single moms and I have a 6 year old daughter. I am a single mother. Unfortunately we’ve ran into some hard time recently when our landlord rushed to sell our home in an increasingly growing market. We moved pretty suddenly and have been searching for a way to obtain some kind of stability.
I’ve applied for HUD and section 8 as a new single mom when we received the news in July that we had to move.