Faced a character assassination on social media

State and local government assistance programs.
JeffreyAls
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Faced a character assassination on social media

Post by JeffreyAls »

To Whom It May Concern:
I have not had an income since 6/3/21. I was the target of a very well managed and tactfully run character assassination via social media with both written, visual, virtual and audio media as well. Because of this and the fact that our county has less than 10,000 residents in our whole county (no red light in our county!), I had to close a floral/gift business that was over 15 years because my clientele wouldn't risk doing business with me for fear of being pointed out and included in the attacks on me. My husband is the full time assistant foreman for the Edmonson County Road Department, but he has not been able to work since Early August 2020after doing more damage to an already weary neck and lower back in a fall from the fifth rung of a 10' ladder to the ground--landing on his feet but then falling backwards onto his back on hard ground.
He subsequently had neck surgery on 12/1/20 fusing C3 thru C7 levels with ACDF surgery consisting of a plate and 10 screws. He then had lower back surgery 2/9/21, which we were led to believe would not be as intense as the neck fusion; however, that was not his case. What was supposed to be one overnight stay for observation with time to walk and get acclimated after surgery turned into three nights in hospital stay, leaving the hospital on a walker and barely able to do that, two types of antibiotics for incision irritation/infection w/openings in the incision onto what has now been over a month and he is still much worse than he was before the surgery when he could walk in his own but had intermittent weakness in his left leg that would make his leg buckle along with intermittent pain in his radiating down predominantly his left leg--now it's both hips and both legs that hurt with lightning bolt type pain at times.
With all this said, we haven't had any income since early September 2020, to include the use of his vacation time. I have sold a couple properties to keep us afloat to this time but with having to pay copays, co-insurance, deductibles, etc. from both 2017 and 2018 with the surgeries in two different years, I have simply run out of money. I think I have maybe $100 total to our names. I do receive $400 the first of each month for the rental of my grandparents' (deceased) former home but that is all. There are some people that owe me money for items we sold them, but they either can't or won't pay or not by the time I need them to. I have asked them to pay ASAP. I am at my wits end.
I have an imminent disconnect notice for 3/14/21, from WRECC (Warren Rural Electric Community Cooperation) where we are in the jurisdiction of the Leitchfield, KY office (2702593161 or 2702868007). I just contacted our local community action and was told that the HEAP program ended this past Friday. I'm assuming the funding had been expended earlier than the 3/31/18, posted anticipated end date. I couldn't apply earlier because I didn't have the disconnect notice in hand. I have tried everything legal that I know to keep all our bills paid. I have some jewelry I am going to pawn to apply the proceeds toward my bill if it will bring enough; however, unless it will pay all but $50 of an almost $500 bill, they will still disconnect our service no later than 3/15/21 unless I can find some type of assistance that can work directly with them to guarantee some form of payment to them.
I am NOT accustomed to having to basically beg for help, but my husband and I are both only children and all our parents and grandparents are deceased except my dad and he and I have been estranged since 4/9/2019. The person who bashed us on social media really hurt us. I am 51 years old (52 on 3/19/21) and my husband is 56 years old till 6/17/2020, both to old for social media scams or character assignations. We have worked all our lives even as children and, in many cases, working 3 to 4 jobs concurrently. I have always been the one that has helped others so being in this position has been extremely hard for me. Not only do I feel like a failure after all this time, but I didn't have any idea that there was any help or where to look for help.
I did finally apply for SNAP benefits in December 2017 and was approved. I had not had any health insurance for years and was approved for it in December 2019, also. I have had major female health issues/blood issues for at least eight years now on top of everything else. These health issues have played a huge part of my not being employed before now in addition to the earlier mentioned. I have a much-needed doctor appointment in the morning (3/14/2020) at 10:00 am. I'm hoping to have a path to my improved health after that appointment; however, it will go back to affordability.
My husband's insurance is/was through his work. Since he has not been working, we have been paying his part of his insurance so that his health insurance will stay active and enforce. This has been about $210 a month out of pocket since he hasn't worked. As mentioned before, we still have two different years of deductibles, copays, co-insurance, out of pocket, etc. that have had and will have to be paid in addition to the cost of the insurance.
Enough said, I want to ask for ANY advice, assistance, direction, recommendations, referrals, etc as the social media character assignation hurt us badly. I have nowhere else to turn. We own our home (along with our bank (BANK IF Edmonson County) and I paid our bank loans ($1082-month home and farm/$406 month --garage (business)/$285 month --grandparents’ home (rental) ahead of time so hopefully, Greg will heal enough to get back to work before our May 15, 2021 payment is due.
Sorry to ramble but I'm totally out of my comfort zone with any of this. Thank you for anything you may be able to help me with.
Sincerely,