Monthly food stamps for widow

State and local government assistance programs.
Josh Brown
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Monthly food stamps for widow

Post by Josh Brown »

Hello, my name is Amanda, daughter of Christine; whom is recently widowed. My step dad died from pancreatic cancer just after Christmas. He earned money from SSD and now our income is all screwed up, we live in the Silverton Hills and this is why the widow is on food stamps from SNAP. Pretty much always have. My boyfriend works about 2 days a week now because the store is cutting hours and I've never really been able to keep a job, but now I'm looking.
Even though I don't drive so me and my boyfriend both rely on my mom.
My brother and his girlfriend live here, but I am their live in maid. And they keep their food separate but ALSO eat what I buy with my monthly food stamps... and pay minimal rent.
Anyway, it's up to my mom to buy food in one way or another ( if she takes me into town to shop or uses her bill money!!) And every day she worries her power will be shut off, either from lack of money or her being so depressed, or the new responsibility of finances. I just today found a charity number for free vehicles, we also may have to move because she can't afford this rent, so I'm also interested in rental assistance as well as more aid in lieu of monthly food stamps. Thank you, Amanda g. 
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Monthly food stamps for widow

Post by Admin »

If she is a widow, senior, and low income, there may be other programs your mom can get in addition to SNAP food stamps. As the state and federal government offer many possible solutions, including USDA commodities, Meals on Wheels, and more. Find a list of food assistance programs.
Josh Brown wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 am Hello, my name is Amanda, daughter of Christine; whom is recently widowed. My step dad died from pancreatic cancer just after Christmas. He earned money from SSD and now our income is all screwed up, we live in the Silverton Hills and this is why the widow is on food stamps from SNAP. Pretty much always have. My boyfriend works about 2 days a week now because the store is cutting hours and I've never really been able to keep a job, but now I'm looking.
Even though I don't drive so me and my boyfriend both rely on my mom.
My brother and his girlfriend live here, but I am their live in maid. And they keep their food separate but ALSO eat what I buy with my monthly food stamps... and pay minimal rent.
Anyway, it's up to my mom to buy food in one way or another ( if she takes me into town to shop or uses her bill money!!) And every day she worries her power will be shut off, either from lack of money or her being so depressed, or the new responsibility of finances. I just today found a charity number for free vehicles, we also may have to move because she can't afford this rent, so I'm also interested in rental assistance as well as more aid in lieu of monthly food stamps. Thank you, Amanda g. 
Santelli

Re: Monthly food stamps for widow

Post by Santelli »

To whom this may concern,
I would like to inquire for financial assistance food stamp qualifications on behalf of my mother who has zero income and living with us (household of 5 including her). She is a widow as her husband died. Please let us know how much total income she may qualify to reimburse the amount for her monthly groceries. Being a widow with zero income it is hard to get food.
Thank you for your response. Hope to hear from you soon.