Bartend salary not enough for my bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Peter Nagares
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bartend salary not enough for my bills

Post by Peter Nagares »

Good Morning,
I am writing to get information and help. I lost my job in 2015 and it’s been hard to recover. I beat the pavement's for 6 months trying to land a job in my field and I wasn't getting any call backs. I was with the same company for 26 years and new the industry inside and out. I had professional resume writers do my resume over and over thinking maybe It looked too expensive, or just to experienced, then I started thanking age was the factor.
I took on a job as a Bartender at a membership club in Atlanta, thinking some money coming in is better than none. I took the job at 12.50 per hour with no benefits. I worked for 2 years before they offered me full time employment even though I was working as a full time employee, 50 per week.
This bartender job brought money in to pay  some living expenses, but it wasn't enough when you factor in rent, car payment, car insurance, utility's and food. I ran short every single month  but wasn't going to quit until I landed a job in my field and still have not been successful in that.
If it wasn't for my mother helping me monthly I would have never made it, now she is having a hard time making it as she's not in great health, her income was cut by the government and she depended on that to survive. As your aware SS benefits income is not enough for anyone to survive with the way cost of living is these days. Pricing has gone up and cost of living stay the same. Who know what's going to happen with the baby boomers.
With all that history I was told about a housing grant or a grant to pay rent. I'm not looking for a free ride, just assistance to get out of this financial hardship.
I do see a bright side in the future, I finally got a raise at work for bartending to where I will be making a little more and fill it will be enough to get back on my feet.
I lost my car, now and eviction, power bill is going to be turned off in 5 days. I am having problems getting to work now that my car was reposed.
I'm praying daily my job doesn't get any news about these issues. If there is a grant loan program I can apply to, please let me know. My credit that was in the past 715 is now 502. There's not one loan officer nor car lot that will look at me with this score.
If there is hope out there please respond to this email.
Warmest Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bartend salary not enough for my bills

Post by Admin »

Your lower income as a bartend may qualify you for government assistance. Or some type of COVID relief package as bartenders were hit by the pandemic.
But good for you to try to look for a job in other field. Since you have a lot of bills, like car payment, rent, etc. you need lots of financial help. Look here for assistance from the government.
Peter Nagares wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:50 am Good Morning,
I am writing to get information and help. I lost my job in 2015 and it’s been hard to recover. I beat the pavement's for 6 months trying to land a job in my field and I wasn't getting any call backs. I was with the same company for 26 years and new the industry inside and out. I had professional resume writers do my resume over and over thinking maybe It looked too expensive, or just to experienced, then I started thanking age was the factor.
I took on a job as a Bartender at a membership club in Atlanta, thinking some money coming in is better than none. I took the job at 12.50 per hour with no benefits. I worked for 2 years before they offered me full time employment even though I was working as a full time employee, 50 per week.
This bartender job brought money in to pay  some living expenses, but it wasn't enough when you factor in rent, car payment, car insurance, utility's and food. I ran short every single month  but wasn't going to quit until I landed a job in my field and still have not been successful in that.
If it wasn't for my mother helping me monthly I would have never made it, now she is having a hard time making it as she's not in great health, her income was cut by the government and she depended on that to survive. As your aware SS benefits income is not enough for anyone to survive with the way cost of living is these days. Pricing has gone up and cost of living stay the same. Who know what's going to happen with the baby boomers.
With all that history I was told about a housing grant or a grant to pay rent. I'm not looking for a free ride, just assistance to get out of this financial hardship.
I do see a bright side in the future, I finally got a raise at work for bartending to where I will be making a little more and fill it will be enough to get back on my feet.
I lost my car, now and eviction, power bill is going to be turned off in 5 days. I am having problems getting to work now that my car was reposed.
I'm praying daily my job doesn't get any news about these issues. If there is a grant loan program I can apply to, please let me know. My credit that was in the past 715 is now 502. There's not one loan officer nor car lot that will look at me with this score.
If there is hope out there please respond to this email.
Warmest Regards,
Nicole Doshi

Post by Nicole Doshi »

Hello, I am in need of help with keeping my apartment and in danger of homelessness. I would like to find help with resources or grants that would that would allow me to stay in my apartment. I am 2 months behind on rent because I waited for OurFlorida to pay me but the program has ended and my bartender salary does not cover my rent. Now I don't know what to do. Please help. I am on disability for migraines and mental issues and only work part time as a bar tender. I live in Lake County but don't have a car so it needs to be in Leesburg, Mt. Dora, or Tavares. I know the United Way is in Leesburg but I was not really affected by COVID except in cost of living increases, and didn't keep receipts like I should have (part of the problem with Our Florida app). Thank you in advance for the assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, many of the COVID relief programs are over, have long waiting lists, or limited funds. But we have other resources to try, and look here for rental payment help.
We have a list of local and national agencies, including some that help service workers or bartenders.
Nicole Doshi wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:10 am Hello, I am in need of help with keeping my apartment and in danger of homelessness. I would like to find help with resources or grants that would that would allow me to stay in my apartment. I am 2 months behind on rent because I waited for OurFlorida to pay me but the program has ended and my bartender salary does not cover my rent.