Waiting weeks for unemployment

State and local government assistance programs.
Demi Sutra
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Waiting weeks for unemployment

Post by Demi Sutra »

Hello my name is Brian. I live in Grants pass Oregon. I was working at the black bear restaurant when the virus broke out. I put in a clam for unemployment. I have to wait into 5 more weeks because I had an over payment. I paid it off the other day but I still have to wait for 5 more weeks for unemployment.
I live in my trailer behind my parents’ home. They live on SSI so they don't have any extra money. The only bills to pay is my phone bill and my car insurance into I get a check I need both to drive and to have phone calls so I can go back to work. So if there is any way you can help let me while I wait on unemployment. Thanks have a good day ok
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Waiting weeks for unemployment

Post by Admin »

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully more people will get vaccinated and you can go back to your job in Grants Pass at the Black Bear.
As far as help for housing, and maybe get you out of the trailer, try this for help in Grants Pass Oregon.
Demi Sutra wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:17 pm Hello my name is Brian. I live in Grants pass Oregon. I was working at the black bear restaurant when the virus broke out. I put in a clam for unemployment. I have to wait into 5 more weeks because I had an over payment. I paid it off the other day but I still have to wait for 5 more weeks for unemployment.
I live in my trailer behind my parents’ home. They live on SSI so they don't have any extra money. The only bills to pay is my phone bill and my car insurance into I get a check I need both to drive and to have phone calls so I can go back to work. So if there is any way you can help let me while I wait on unemployment. Thanks have a good day ok
Scott G

Post by Scott G »

I read on this website that I can get help with getting my son glasses as I have been waiting weeks for unemployment to start. Medicaid doesn’t cover the type of frames and lenses he needs . Everywhere I try to fill his prescription tells me it is 250 dollars for frames and lenses! I am a single mom of four and I'm currently unemployed, waiting weeks for unemployment checks. I barely made it through Christmas, much less the day to day struggle! It's been almost two months. I was given the prescription for glasses and they wanted to recheck him at 3 month mark, but I can’t even get the glasses! Please help and let me know what I can do to get my baby boy his pair of pediatric glasses!
My husband has been off from work since March.
He was diagnosed with prostate Cancer.
I had to take off from work to help him and we are behind on our bills.
Rent 1399
Light 240.00
Gas 250.00
Water 140.00
Please help us I don't know what to do.
I have return to work but I go in at 7 and I get off at 3.
Some days I have to call off because my husband is not feeling well, he is in so much pain, or we in the emergency room. We can’t catch back because the bills are so far behind.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!
Makeba
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You live in Chicago too? If so, there are resources for you. Many food pantries and financial assistance programs in Chicago and Cook County. Maybe rent, light bills and some other costs can be addressed. Find more on financial assistance in Chicago.
Scott G wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 am Rent 1399
Light 240.00
Gas 250.00
Water 140.00
Please help us I don't know what to do.
I have return to work but I go in at 7 and I get off at 3.
Some days I have to call off because my husband is not feeling well, he is in so much pain, or we in the emergency room. We can’t catch back because the bills are so far behind.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!
Makeba
Chanell Heart

Post by Chanell Heart »

Hello,
My name is Calvin. Three weeks ago, I lost my job and have been waiting weeks for unemployment. I have filled for unemployment insurance and currently going through the process. I am very active in search for and applying to job postings. I'm work with 4 different recruiting agencies well as 3 different job recruiting/search apps.
As of now, while I'm waiting for the unemployment for weeks to begin or to get hired.
I am seeking emergency assistance to cover back pay owed rent for September, and partial October rent.
Please, is there any assistance here?
I've never been in this situation. I've always had a stable and steady job.
Please, I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are 100% confident you will soon be bring in enough money, and it is a just a short waiting game for the unemployment to begin, there may be loans for you. They are emergency ones. But any time borrowing money comes with risks...so be aware. In addition to that we have other resources all over the site. Read more on emergency loans.
Chanell Heart wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:57 am Hello,
My name is Calvin. Three weeks ago, I lost my job and have been waiting weeks for unemployment. I have filled for unemployment insurance and currently going through the process. I am very active in search for and applying to job postings. I'm work with 4 different recruiting agencies well as 3 different job recruiting/search apps.