Advocating for the poor

State and local government assistance programs.
Oceans
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Advocating for the poor

Post by Oceans »

Hello,   I am an Advocate reaching out to help these poor people. Please let me know if you can help. 
Spring Lake Mobil Home Park in Davenport Florida is being vacated starting December 1, 2021. The owner got far behind on the water bill. Tenants agreed to pay rent with water included. Some of which have been there for six years.
The problem is nobody has been communicating with the residents. They get information here and there from random people coming through. Notice to vacate dates November 15,2021.
Along with notice is a listing of shelters.   They say the only service agency they have seen from Polk County is Tri County Human Services advocates. On November 10, 2021 an outreach worker advocate from Tri County showed up to visit a person needing help.
This was when the current situation was revealed. There were at that point, water notices on the Mobil homes. The tenants had no idea what was going to happen. Unfortunately, there was nothing that could be done to help them in the time frame. 
All shelters listed are full of the poor and homeless and there is a waiting list at the Homeless Coalition over one thousand people. Now there are approximately fifty people with nowhere to go in that park. Within that group are twenty-three children. Sixteen of which are nine to six months.   How can we allow fifty people including children to be forced out of the homes that they pay for? How can we give fifty low income people, fifteen posted days to find a place to go when there are no places available? 
Some of these people are elderly not to mention poor. Some of these people are mentally handicapped and use disability advocates. Some of these people are physically handicapped. How does something like this happen so suddenly to them?
Calling all and any to help. These people need landlords that are willing to work within their means. They need banks that have low debt foreclosures to donate dwellings for tax write offs. In total there is a need for twenty-three places for these people. Money isn't the problem as much as one might think, because they pay rent. Most however, do need deposits waived or provided. Advocates? The City of Davenport? Lawyers? Grants? Empty buildings? Trailer Parks? Empty Houses? Apartments? Shelter of any kind?    Let's come together in this Holiday Season and not let fifty people with twenty-three children be put out of their homes and possibly must go to jail. This isn't their fault. This can't be only their problem. They didn't do this.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advocating for the poor

Post by Admin »

We do not help directly, but we have resources for the poor and people in poverty. They are all listed on our website. As one example, find assistance for the low income in poverty.
That is great that you are an advocate for the people in the mobile home park. Amazing job!
Oceans wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:05 pm Hello,   I am an Advocate reaching out to help these poor people. Please let me know if you can help. 
Spring Lake Mobil Home Park in Davenport Florida is being vacated starting December 1, 2021. The owner got far behind on the water bill. Tenants agreed to pay rent with water included. Some of which have been there for six years.
The problem is nobody has been communicating with the residents. They get information here and there from random people coming through. Notice to vacate dates November 15,2021.
Along with notice is a listing of shelters.   They say the only service agency they have seen from Polk County is Tri County Human Services advocates. On November 10, 2021 an outreach worker advocate from Tri County showed up to visit a person needing help.
This was when the current situation was revealed. There were at that point, water notices on the Mobil homes. The tenants had no idea what was going to happen. Unfortunately, there was nothing that could be done to help them in the time frame. 
All shelters listed are full of the poor and homeless and there is a waiting list at the Homeless Coalition over one thousand people. Now there are approximately fifty people with nowhere to go in that park. Within that group are twenty-three children. Sixteen of which are nine to six months.   How can we allow fifty people including children to be forced out of the homes that they pay for? How can we give fifty low income people, fifteen posted days to find a place to go when there are no places available? 
Some of these people are elderly not to mention poor. Some of these people are mentally handicapped and use disability advocates. Some of these people are physically handicapped. How does something like this happen so suddenly to them?
Calling all and any to help. These people need landlords that are willing to work within their means. They need banks that have low debt foreclosures to donate dwellings for tax write offs. In total there is a need for twenty-three places for these people. Money isn't the problem as much as one might think, because they pay rent. Most however, do need deposits waived or provided. Advocates? The City of Davenport? Lawyers? Grants? Empty buildings? Trailer Parks? Empty Houses? Apartments? Shelter of any kind?    Let's come together in this Holiday Season and not let fifty people with twenty-three children be put out of their homes and possibly must go to jail. This isn't their fault. This can't be only their problem. They didn't do this.
Shapman

Post by Shapman »

To whom it may concern,
My name is Shemeka and I am a single mother of a 5 year old child. I reside in Charlotte;  NC and I recently fell on hard times with losing my job in which I was advocating for the poor before the holidays. It has been hard to attain a job and I have exhausted all of my resources and savings. I have enough to pay my Bill's this month, but once the new year begins I will be completely at a loss. I am writing to inquire about any rental assistance you will be able to provide or can appoint me to any other resources that will be of assistance to me. I really appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.
Shemeka
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are poor, and need everything and also live in the south, try a church. Many can help low-income families. Food, housing, counseling, financial aid and more can be offered, and find programs from churches for the low-income.
Shapman wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:11 am has been hard to attain a job and I have exhausted all of my resources and savings. I have enough to pay my Bill's this month, but once the new year begins I will be completely at a loss. I am writing to inquire about any rental assistance you will be able to provide or can appoint me to any other resources that will be of assistance to me. I really appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.
Shemeka
Low income person

Post by Low income person »

I am being sarcastic. when people are in need, and they find a site which seems to offer information to help those people and advocates for the poor, only to not get any help at all, is a really bad feeling. Every link I attempted to click on to find help for a woman and her child to go to school, hopefully free of anxiety and ridicule from other students, was nothing more than a series of redirects, which only wished to try to sell me something for my home. The last one I ended up on wanted to sell me ceiling fans.
It is hard enough for some people to even ask for help. When you find a site which claims to provide information by which others can find help for their children to go to school, and then it turns out to be all b-s, it can create an environment in which they will not seek help from others again. The need to ask for help alone is an overwhelming, pride crushing experience, fraught with anxiety, judgement, and feels like your soul has been violated as you claim to be advocating for the poor. Sites like this, only compound the issues, and offer no help at all.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry you feel that was. As literally we have thousands of programs, charities, etc. listed, with their phone numbers. And the site is free to use.
So we think you wrote a very odd, not to say flat out wrong comment. But look here for programs for the poor.