Stroke Resources

State and local government assistance programs.
Cinnamon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Stroke Resources

Post by Cinnamon »

Hello, I had 3 mini strokes last Tuesday, 2 days after I turned 31. It effected my left side, made me weak & unbalanced. My left hand shakes so much now. My recovery is estimated to be 3 months. I can't work like this, I was self Employed with 50wpm, now it's hard & taking forever just to type this. I don't qualify for disability because it shouldn't be 12 months to recover. So I have no income for at least 3 months, Physical Therapist said it could be 4-5 months even. I have a PFO which is a small hole in my heart they think caused this & I might have to have surgery for it. That would take even longer so who knows how long I'll actually be unable to work. If you know of any resources that could help me through this I would greatly appreciate it.
Bosch

Re: Stroke Resources

Post by Bosch »

My water bill is most important. They shut it off, to me a stroke victim, over a month ago and I got a bill that is almost 100 more now. I was paying monthly and the bill was not going down tried to get them to take puts and they said no I only get SSI each month and cannot afford bills and fees like this last one of almost 100. I am only one here so should not be using that much. I don’t think they read the meter and have complained about it in the past. Still it is more than my neighbors and they have more people in the house. Why how can I get it turned back on and a lower bill I live in city of new port Richey
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ask the water company why your bill went up $100. Call them. But as far as being a stroke victim, we are sorry to hear that. Try disability. But just because someone has a medical condition does not mean they are not responsible for their bills, including water. Anyhow, try this for Tucson water bill assistance programs.
Bosch wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:13 am My water bill is most important. They shut it off, to me a stroke victim, over a month ago and I got a bill that is almost 100 more now.
Prentis

Post by Prentis »

Hello,
I am a 34-year-old disabled individual due to a stroke and partially paralyzed and my fiancé is pregnant. We are on a very low fixed income and need resources for stroke patients. I am financially, physically, mentally and emotionally at whits end and need desperate help. Can somebody please reach out to me as soon as available.
I would like to know what type of assistance and or resources are available from your company to help disabled families of a stroke with raising newborn. Thank you very much and look forward to hearing from you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are grant programs that can be applied to at the same time as disability. The funds may help hold you over and pay some costs while (1) the stroke recovery progresses and (2) disability goes through for the stroke filing. There are multiple places to apply, and read more about what a disability grant is.