Need Assistance-house repairs/car/bills

State and local government assistance programs.
TessKen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Assistance-house repairs/car/bills

Post by TessKen »

We have been financially struggling for a long time. We have basically one income-I am on disability, our youngest daughter is disabled, our oldest daughter lives here off and on but left her baby for us to raise who is now 2. We have $15,000 in credit card debt and $4,500 in medical debt. Our home was built in 1974 and never updated. We got it as a foreclosure-our first home. The plumbing and electrical need brought up to code. Plumbing is still copper and starting to spring leaks. The roof leaks and there are numerous places in the ceilings in various rooms that are now mold/stained with water. The windows are all original-single pane metal frame windows with broken panes or tracts. Very hard for me to open. Furnace is probably original too-very old and in crawl space-doesn't heat well and has a leak somewhere so when turned on-propane leaks into the house. Would like to just get a heat pump or central heating system and not deal with propane. Both our vehicles are old: 95 astro van-no ac/heat, windows don't go down, lots of miles; 96 nissan quest-over 200,000 miles, holes in exhaust system including one in wall. We also need to add on a front porch with a no step entrance so we can get our chairs/scooters in and out of the house.
theresakenriver@yahoo.com
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Assistance-house repairs/car/bills

Post by Admin »

That is a lot. What state, county, city do you live in?
Until I know more, more genenral advice will be to call your local community action agency or Salvation Army. Many states offer home repair programs, or very low interest loans for home improvements. Also, the weatherization program may be able to help in your case. I would say go to the main site of http://www.needhelppayingbills.com and really explore it for info on many options and services.

TessKen wrote:We have been financially struggling for a long time. We have basically one income-I am on disability, our youngest daughter is disabled, our oldest daughter lives here off and on but left her baby for us to raise who is now 2. We have $15,000 in credit card debt and $4,500 in medical debt. Our home was built in 1974 and never updated. We got it as a foreclosure-our first home. The plumbing and electrical need brought up to code. Plumbing is still copper and starting to spring leaks. The roof leaks and there are numerous places in the ceilings in various rooms that are now mold/stained with water. The windows are all original-single pane metal frame windows with broken panes or tracts. Very hard for me to open. Furnace is probably original too-very old and in crawl space-doesn't heat well and has a leak somewhere so when turned on-propane leaks into the house. Would like to just get a heat pump or central heating system and not deal with propane. Both our vehicles are old: 95 astro van-no ac/heat, windows don't go down, lots of miles; 96 nissan quest-over 200,000 miles, holes in exhaust system including one in wall. We also need to add on a front porch with a no step entrance so we can get our chairs/scooters in and out of the house.
theresakenriver@yahoo.com
Gump
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Assistance-house repairs/car/bills

Post by Gump »

I currently stay in Milwaukee Wisconsin and wanted to know more information about your programs for home repairs for renters as my current place bad. I'm currently 9 months pregnant with barely a place to stay and no car. As my due date approaches I have been looking for new 1 bedroom apartments for me and my child and because I haven't been working due to pregnancy. I was looking for assistance with my first month’s rent and deposit or fix my current apartment. Is there any way you guys can help???