COPD diagnosis

State and local government assistance programs.
SteveZell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

COPD diagnosis

Post by SteveZell »

Hello, my name is Lorenda, I'm not sure how I can get assistance when diagnosed with COPD? I have recently ended up in a crisis situation. I am employed at Globe life insurance company and have been for 21 years. My Husband has always worked as a house framer but has recently been diagnosed with COPD and Afib. And has to sleep with a CPAP machine Just released from TMC hospital. He is no longer able to work and is in the process of filing for disability for the COPD. I have paperwork showing we we're wrongly evicted from a rent house in Howe Texas not for unpaid rent, but for an unpaid electric bill. And Can explain in detail in person. Now we are staying at the Sherman inn hotel in Sherman Texas.
I am stuck in a situation now unable to save money for deposit and first month rent for another home. And pay for this room, my car payment, car insurance, gas for the car, food??? And just living day to day. If there is anything you can do to help us. Please call me. I appreciate your time. I have never had to ask for help before, and only need help long enough to get back on my feet. Thank you again.. Sincerely
Kirkpatrick

Re: COPD diagnosis

Post by Kirkpatrick »

Hello I've been separated from domestic abuse husband for a few months now he took our vehicle away and I live in a city where there is no public transportation. I have COPD and need to go to the doctor.
I am in need to get to medical appointments. I suffer from asthma, COPD, anxiety, depression, PTSD, OCD, seizure, disorders currently disabled receiving SSI and Welfare benefits however I am looking for a work from home opportunity with no success because of lack of experience. All my bills are behind. It's impossible to catch up on a fixed income and prices going uncontrollably up I want to study learn do better in life and be a good example for my daughters.
I asked for a housing transfer almost 2 years ago before everything got this bad I need a caseworker a peer support a mentor groups meetings. I am looking for help in my area after I got my COPD diagnosis. But I can't seem to find any there is not much I can do without transportation. I am feeling very trapped with no way out. I would really appreciate the help or information or referral or anything provided
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With that many medical issues, have you applied for disability? As Anxiety, depression, seizures, and all that may qualify you (if doctor diagnosis and you meet other qualifications).
You mentioned a caseworker. Did you ask them? Regardless, look here for details on disability programs.

Kirkpatrick wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:36 am I am in need to get to medical appointments. I suffer from asthma, COPD, anxiety, depression, PTSD, OCD, seizure, disorders currently disabled receiving SSI and Welfare benefits however I am looking for a work from home opportunity with no success because of lack of experience. All my bills are behind. It's impossible to catch up on a fixed income and prices going uncontrollably up I want to study learn do better in life and be a good example for my daughters.
I asked for a housing transfer almost 2 years ago before everything got this bad I need a caseworker a peer support a mentor groups meetings. I am looking for help in my area after I got my COPD diagnosis. But I can't seem to find any there is not much I can do without transportation. I am feeling very trapped with no way out. I would really appreciate the help or information or referral or anything provided
CMartin

Post by CMartin »

I live in Athens, TN that's in Mcminn County. I have COPD. I noticed on your website that Mcminn County was not on your list. I am only needing help this month with my rent and utilities. I am separated from my husband and live alone with my COPD diagnosis. I am 40 years old and female. I haven't received my first utility bill yet and my rent this month is $142.
I have lost my SNAP benefits due to the contact I provided when I was recertified for them, did not answer their call and did not provide a letter stating I live alone. I do not know what to do or what is out there. I live in public housing and searching for a job, but getting hired and getting my first pay check at most places will be a month away. I have no family and due to the circumstances surrounding my separation from my husband, I have no one close by and no support system. My son is in the USMC and is currently deployed overseas. That's the only family I have. Any help and/or information is very much appreciated. Thank you,