Waitress lost job from COVID

State and local government assistance programs.
Lackey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Waitress lost job from COVID

Post by Lackey »

Hello, my name is Alexis and I am very much in need of help with a security deposit as well as food and the bills due to the COVID  I am employed part time and I have 2 children, ages 10 years old and 2 years old. I was also waitressing prior to the covid19 pandemic but with all the shutdowns I am grateful I was able to keep my part time position working from home until our office reopens.
My lease is up in October and  I now live with my sons’ father who wants to go his own way once the lease is over which will leave me on my own with 2 kids. Thankfully, my best friend and her family are also looking for a place to move into as their lease is up in November. We could both use the help and support of each other and want to come together and find a house to rent that is suitable for our families to live comfortably during COVID. We actually viewed a place yesterday that would be wonderful for us and we would easily be able to split the rent and pay our portions , the only problem is the security deposit.  We are in Middlesex County in New Jersey and any resources for paying bills or giving us food that could help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much,
Alexis Kelly
Mander56

Re: Waitress lost job from COVID

Post by Mander56 »

I'm desperately trying to find a place to help as I lost my job from COVID. I'm taking care of my Mom who is 75. I work full time and we have to move by Sunday. I don't have anyone to help. I've got the money for the deposit and rent that I saved from my waitress job, I just don't have a clue where to go, how to, I don't have a car. I can't find anything that's available right now. I'm going to be literally living on the streets. I'm going to lose my job; I can't be a waitress while living on the streets where will I get a shower I'm going to lose everything. My mom can't live on the streets where will we go? I'm so scared. I don't have anyone no friends or family. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Waitress lost job from COVID

Post by Admin »

There are housing options in Trenton NJ. Since you have money saved up from your waitress job (congrats!) then you are in better shape than most people. Also we hope your mom has some income from social security or another resource. Find options here in rental assistance in Trenton.
Mander56 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:22 pm I'm desperately trying to find a place to help as I lost my job from COVID. I'm taking care of my Mom who is 75. I work full time and we have to move by Sunday. I don't have anyone to help. I've got the money for the deposit and rent that I saved from my waitress job, I just don't have a clue where to go, how to, I don't have a car.