Hurricane Barry wiped us out

State and local government assistance programs.
Howdy12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Hurricane Barry wiped us out

Post by Howdy12 »

Hello, my name is Brianna and I'm a single mother of two precious boys. The oldest is Ceesay. He's 4 and my youngest is Kaya - he's 18 months. In July we had a terrible incident happen due to Hurricane Barry. We were living on the lake in Deer Park LA and due to high water and the hurricane a tree fell on top of our home and we lost everything. Clothes, food, toys, just literally everything.
At the time I didn't know what to do I was so lost and just didn't know how to go on. And I looked at my kids and saw them still smile and still have faith and it made me say okay you can do this. So, with a little help from family and friends we relocated, and I thought where we moved to be the greatest. After speaking to and paying the (landlord) over $1500 in advance for 4 months of rent, lights, and water he now has went and had our electricity and water turned off.
And I'm just downright devastated from Hurricane Barry. How could someone who had knowingly agreed to pay the bills with the money I gave him just go and turn our actually needs off. And it's like I'm working I'm struggling I'm trying to do everything possible for my boys to have what they need but I'm still falling short somehow. And I prayed and asked God to show me where to turn.
And a church member of mine suggested you guys to me. And I did some googling until I found an email I could write to. And now I'm here writing to you for help. We lost what food we had and I worked 4 double shifts just to make enough to have the lights turned back on and thank God the nursing home I work for allowed that. And I have been trying everything possible to get the money for our water to get back on. And the deposit is outrageous. And then at our 911 office I have to pay a permit fee. And I have $6 to my name and I have to pay for my son Deejays field trip fee at school today at the mandatory parent meeting at 4:30 so he will be able to go see Santa next week.
And I'm not asking for sympathy, prayers are definitely needed. But I'm just asking for some help so my sons will have what they need. My cell phone will be on until tomorrow. And beings I used all our money for lights to get back on I couldn't afford to pay my phone bill. Which I will have the money for that Friday. I can access the internet while at work so I can check my emails there.
But I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would let me know that you have actually received my email letter about Hurricane Barry. And I pray that your church will bless my children and myself with some help with our water. I have faith in God that it will be paid and faith that he will send me a blessing for their Christmas because he only knows how it will get bought. I will continue to pray and keep my faith strong in him because I know he won't let his children go without. I pray for you and your family and your church family and may God bless you all in this holiday season. Thank you all for hearing me out and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Hurricane Barry wiped us out

Post by Admin »

We are so sorry. Horrible when hurricanes hit, such as Barry. Many charities step up to help impacted people when a Hurricane hits. As an example, when Barry hit, hundreds of charities, United Way, Red Cross, and others stepped up to help people. Find information on charities for financial resources.